SAU Community

Finally Got My Skyline :)

Hi guise

Well some guy is selling rims he had on his 350z & they look really nice

I'm thinking of buying them.

18x10+ 12 rears

18x9.5+ 20 fronts

Rota is the brand

What sorts of problems will I come across to get them to fit?

Any help would be great:)

Cheers

Depends on height, stiffness of coilovers, tyre width etc

The fronts will be not too hard to fit, the rears will take a bit of work

Forget fpr and bov, save your money. I'm making 280rwkw with the factory items

I have asked around a few people and everyone is saying will be too hard to fit n shyt i might aswell just leave it.

& get 18x9.5 all around not sure on offset tho :unsure:

I'll attach a picture for the look im after.guy says he just has springs n rolled gaurds but doesnt know offset

post-112075-0-94185000-1372600806_thumb.jpeg

Yeah your right ay

small things cost heaps

i have been searching for intercoolng pipping,i have a greddy intercooler just need pipping

would u know any good quality pipes to use ? something 3 inch wud be great.

cheer

• 1 month later...

#Update:Things that have been done

-Turbo timer

-Boost Gauge

-Rims 2morrow :D rota grids 18x9.5 + 20 offset on 235/45 tyres can't wait!

I bought a glowshift boost gauge with 7 different colours(gauge holder was horribly designed tho)got quoted 150 for installation.It was too much for something so simple to do,so i decided to do it by myself with some help from a friend. Here is a pic how it looks like now,no holes n just drilling was required to pass the boost line.

post-112075-0-83279100-1376051605_thumb.jpg

More pics of my car.

post-112075-0-12748400-1376051649_thumb.jpg

post-112075-0-95061400-1376051748_thumb.jpg

post-112075-0-30510800-1376051925_thumb.jpgpost-112075-0-25102900-1376052043_thumb.png

#Next mods that are waiting to be installed

-Greddy core with 3" pipes

-HDI EBC

-Tomei fpr

-Hks Hi Power muffler

-Lock bar

-& hopefully get a boost tune

Edited by Landyy

#Update:Things that have been done

-Turbo timer

-Boost Gauge

-Rims 2morrow :D rota grids 18x9.5 + 20 offset on 235/45 tyres can't wait!

I bought a glowshift boost gauge with 7 different colours(gauge holder was horribly designed tho)got quoted 150 for installation.It was too much for something so simple to do,so i decided to do it by myself with some help from a friend. Here is a pic how it looks like now,no holes n just drilling was required to pass the boost line.

attachicon.gif946334_606170859415038_948325613_n.jpg

More pics of my car.

attachicon.gif1005774_600228503342607_1677214879_n.jpg

attachicon.gif6178_521530141234848_758308756_n.jpg

attachicon.gif1000747_588987351122633_1240868828_n.jpgattachicon.gif521614_613810531984279_1967973167_n.png

#Next mods that are waiting to be installed

-Greddy core with 3" pipes

-HDI EBC

-Tomei fpr

-Hks Hi Power muffler

-Lock bar

-& hopefully get a boost tune

You're going about things the right way, but don't bother with the FPR. You really don't need one unless you max your injectors, and in that case you're better off upgrading your injectors. If you don't max your injectors then you will just be setting the fuel pressure to standard anyway, hence the FPR does nothing. You would be much better off selling the FPR for a couple of hundred and putting that towards an ECU. A good tune is the best thing you will ever do to your car, so put the ECU higher up the priority list.

Also, you mentioned getting a Z32 afm in one of your earlier posts. Keep in mind you can't use that without a tune-able ECU, so you will need to get the ECU first. Not sure if you plan on using that 80mm throttle body that came with the car, but I'd recommend selling that as well and putting the money towards something that will be of benefit :thumbsup:

Cheers for the respond great info.I have put the fpr up for sale n soon i'll put the throttle body up for sale too. i was just thinking after i put in my FMIC should i just get a tune to 11 psi with a Apexi safc 2 for now? or dont bother just get a boost tune alone?

& today i got my rims :D so happy!

they stick out a lil bit,& the paint i'snt really in good condition

so im going to plastic dip it but not sure what colour to go!

here are my choices please feel free to suggest what looks good!

Dont really mind whatever colour as long as it looks great.

-Blue

-Red( no pic)

-Orange

-Or just Black thats why last option.

post-112075-0-50694900-1376147025_thumb.jpg

post-112075-0-86649300-1376147051_thumb.jpg

post-112075-0-39106900-1376147071_thumb.jpg

post-112075-0-39106900-1376147071_thumb.jpg

post-112075-0-91387700-1376147083_thumb.jpg

Agree, go black. Personally I think colours like blue, orange, green etc. look horrendous and only work on full track/drift setup cars because they have the credibility to back it up. But each to their own.

As for the SAFC, again don't bother. They are rubbish, you can't adjust timing with them and its just going to be another thing you rip out when you get a proper ecu. Just set the boost controller at 9-10psi (depending on if your stock ecu let's you, you may hit R&R earlier) and leave it at that until you can afford an ecu and proper tune.

Hahah yes you're right on the pull me over thing lol.

I'll go black for now as my rims do stick out!

will upload pics with the rims all done next sat :)

ohkay that will be the plan then.i went to a cruise today n pushed my car quite a bit.

i never usually hear the fuel pump,but as i was coming i could hear it whining n whining. is that fine or?

Hahah yes you're right on the pull me over thing lol.

I'll go black for now as my rims do stick out!

will upload pics with the rims all done next sat :)

ohkay that will be the plan then.i went to a cruise today n pushed my car quite a bit.

i never usually hear the fuel pump,but as i was coming i could hear it whining n whining. is that fine or?

Yeh that happens. Means your fuel probably heated up a fair bit. Nothing to worry about.

Hey Landyy you pretty much did the same thing as me -- i bought a r33 gtst s2 silver basically stock with 73... kms on it and am also aiming for around 350-400hp - i've done a few things (rims - duck tail spoiler - catback w hf cat- boost controller -intercooler, fuel pump and more ) and have an ecu, and lock bar waiting to go on.. Still looking for the turbo and other things to buy so hoping to get the power by this summer haha

How is the car going at the moment?

Congrats and hope to see more updates in the future

:woot: haha great minds think a like lol im actually just waiting to order a carbon fiber ducktail spoiler haha.Thats pretty good work,basically your past stage 1.I'm waiting for my intercooler pipes to come in & get that installed plus the lock bar.The car is going good,i always have to hold out 2 gear just needs more power..Did u upgrade your coil packs?

Speaking of turbo's.

Most people always go with the same stuff such as hyper gear or garret 3076.

with me I've already done my research & know what i'll be getting,not sure if your interested,but i'll let u on it.

Once i upgrade everything to hold 400hp(injectors,power fc,bigger brakes,etc).

i have looked into precision turbos n called them n spoke to them n told them exactly what i wanted.

so i'll be getting a top mount precision 6266 BB with a .82 rear housing.You'll push out 400hp easily.The guy said thats a great set up for rb25

the turbo will spool up quick n if u know about precision they are crazy on boost. total cost for the turbo BB 1,700.

& share some pics of your car here.

:woot: haha great minds think a like lol im actually just waiting to order a carbon fiber ducktail spoiler haha.Thats pretty good work,basically your past stage 1.I'm waiting for my intercooler pipes to come in & get that installed plus the lock bar.The car is going good,i always have to hold out 2 gear just needs more power..Did u upgrade your coil packs?

Speaking of turbo's.

Most people always go with the same stuff such as hyper gear or garret 3076.

with me I've already done my research & know what i'll be getting,not sure if your interested,but i'll let u on it.

Once i upgrade everything to hold 400hp(injectors,power fc,bigger brakes,etc).

i have looked into precision turbos n called them n spoke to them n told them exactly what i wanted.

so i'll be getting a top mount precision 6266 BB with a .82 rear housing.You'll push out 400hp easily.The guy said thats a great set up for rb25

the turbo will spool up quick n if u know about precision they are crazy on boost. total cost for the turbo BB 1,700.

& share some pics of your car here.

Lol... Yeh a 6266 will certainly get you to 400hp... :blink:

More research. That's all I'm gonna say lol. Lots more research.