SAU Community

Finally Got My Skyline :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hey guys,been busy in the last months and havent had any time or new things to update about haha.but now i do

Changes & problems.

-The fuel pump gave up on me while on the fwy (cost me $400 that day)had to change to walbro 255 not as good as the 040 i reckon

-Car had a problem it kept shutting off while i was turning or reversing while turning.But cleaned icv and the problem is gone now.

Updates

-I finally got FMIC installed today & its great car goes hard in 2gear(11psi).The manual boost tee needs replacing tho.

-got rims :D Rota grids are on(Blue) 18x9.5 +20 offset.Sticks out a little but its alright for now since gaurds are not rolled yet.if you don't like them don't comment.

-Since i upgraded some things,the way the car handled needed some attention now i got both front and rear strut brace (hicas will go on on friday) car handles alot better than before.Future parts im ordering soon to complete the list are AntiRoll Bar(front/back), camber & coil overs and more just to make the car better.

Future mods

i'll probably start saving up for power fc,splitfire coil packs and upgrade to a EBC

Looks wise

-I like the way it look atm,but maybe i'll change to a carbon drfit style spoiler in the future.

here are some pictures.

Feel free to comment and suggest bits.

post-112075-0-60811700-1381585554_thumb.jpgpost-112075-0-35273100-1381585548_thumb.jpgpost-112075-0-55799200-1381585541_thumb.jpg

they sit nicely with offset around there.yeah i always go slow as possible on bumps even tho i know im still running stock sus.

Thanks man,too many people have white or black so thought might try something different :)

• 2 months later...

Time for a update.

Intercooler was installed & car is currently running 11 psi.

Since last time,car has now Tein edfc coilovers & i changed to rota fighters(specs 18x9.5 +20 offset) i like these rims as they make the car look really mint..

Car now has front and rear strut brace & hicas removed.

i decided to sticker bomb my fuel cap and added a few stickers.(not over kill or random ones).

*Car now has Led tail lights,i like the look and i'll keep them.All lights have been replaced n got Hid's.

here is the link for the Hid's,very easy to install and i would recommend them for anyone chasing some.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/35W-AC-H1-HID-XENON-Kit-Nissan-Skyline-R32-R33-R34-S14a-S15-200sx-6000k-8000k-/161051422456?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item257f69aef8&_uhb=1

Future mods

-2 weeks time from now Os Giken single plate clutch + flywheel and 2way diff going in :)

things to be done.

-Private plates(ECR33,MYY33,JDM33,SW33TRB) Do give me some ideas for plates or wat you reckon sounds good!

-Ordering a highflowed turbo or might change my mind go top mount.

-660 jecs injectors

-ECU(nistune or power fc)

-3" intake pipe

-whiteline anti roll bar for both front and rear.

-Camber kit(maybe)

-aftermarket bucket seats.

-nismo clear indicators

-toyo r88.tyre i have on atm are achilles atr sport they are ok,but once i get more power i'll change them

might have missed some things.

Here are some pictures of what the car looks like atm.

enjoy and please do comment

post-112075-0-44646100-1390060368_thumb.jpg

post-112075-0-48286400-1390060374_thumb.jpg

post-112075-0-63272300-1390060409_thumb.jpg

post-112075-0-12906500-1390060412_thumb.jpg

post-112075-0-39437200-1390060415_thumb.jpg

post-112075-0-37665900-1390060416_thumb.jpg

post-112075-0-55260800-1390060418_thumb.jpg

post-112075-0-44503400-1390060422_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...

THE SEARCH FOR HP-Silver bullet slow start.

It's been a while since I've updated this..but the search for power never stopped.Car is almost done & I'm hoping she can push out close or pass 300kw.The body looks the same,only changes are a new set of rims as I got over running copy rims (rotas).Enkei rpf1 18x9.5 + 15 all round wrapped in star fire RSR(excellent all round tyres tbh & i would recommand them to anyone).I've gone with a low mount set up with external gate & the turbo is the latest hyper gear with a op6 rear housing.Top mount here is a 100% yellow sticker so kinda playing safe & not wanting to get done by the donut eaters.This is just the mods I've got & I'll post actual vid n dyno results once car is done.

-Greddy Ebc

-Hyper gear turbo

-Utra gate

-Steam pipe mani

-Os giken single plate clutch

-660cc jecs

-Z32

-255(might upgrade)

-Greddy fpr

-Split fire coils

3" to a hks dragger exhaust(bigasf)

& a nistune.Thinking of getting rid of it & getting a PFC though.Few things I'll do such as brake upgrade,2way dif & anti roll bars along the way

I've learnt to do all work by myself with the help of my brother so yeah it takes time,but we'll get there..

• 2 weeks later...

Worst of the worst has happened to me. 2/12 studs snapped, managed to get one out using drill & easy out.The second was pure bad luck, the stud snapped & once drilled, inserted the easy out, the easy out snapped into the snapped stud.My brother went to drill it out and since the easy out is a hardened he pushed too hard & drilled into the head(5mm-10mm).Worst nightmare. car is sitting in the garage untouched since Saturday. I believe he has drilled into the oil barrel. My question is amI f**ked & will need a new head,will that affect my tune/car in the future or would the new studs block off the hole?.The drill bit was 3.5mm I believe. Smelled of oil n thats all I could see when we took out the drill bit. Any input will be helpful especially someone who has done this before. I've done heaps on my car from coilivers to clutch with my brother & everything between, by far this is the biggest f*k up haha.I'm depressed now lol.thanks in advance.

That sucks man. Easy outs are very hit and miss and need to be used with care as you now know.

For future reference there are mobile thread repair businesses that are experienced and have all of the right tools to do the job easily (they typically don't use easy outs)

Depending on what has actually been drilled it is posible to repair it. Either by welding or tapping larger for a plug.

Best thing would be to remove the head be assess from there.

Edited by Ben C34

Good news the bolt is off. My brother had the same setup as me with one of the hybrid manifolds, the manifold cracked the night before the tune(tiny run)still took the car in for a tune and tuner couldn't get tuned as it spiked so much at 5,000rpm(38mm ultra gate).Soluton was get a bigger wastegate and with w as wastgate pipe.So I'll be going top mount instead. Hybrid is a f**k around and the seller kept arguing when we messaged him about the manifold. DON'T EVER BUY A HYRBID MANIFOLD. THE WELDS ARE SHYT AS.

OH WELL I LEARNED.

Edited by Landyy