SAU Community

What Is 'too Much' Power For The Street?

What Is 'too Much' Power For The Street?  

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I once knew a woman who had a v6 commodore and said it had to much power and traded it for a outlander because it was only a 4 cylinder

i once knew a woman with a v6 commodore, it slid out around a corner in the wet so she took it to get her traction control checked :huh:

34geteetee makes 391rwkw on 28PSI, whereas not only is Scotty's stagea running 4PSI more, but makes 50rwkw less despite running the equivalent turbo and displacement (2.5 6 pot)

Sometimes its not about displacement or cylinders, but more so engine design, the RB2.5 motor is certainly capable of huge numbers with head work and a built motor, but once again irrelevant for street use

didnt say it wasnt possible, just said its not easy...

I don't have a built motor or head work? Actually I don't even have an aftermarket headgasket so u fail to see how they contribute to big numbers?

even bigger numbers with head work and a built motor, your motor will never make as much as a rb26 without the head work and possibly a stroker

even bigger numbers with head work and a built motor, your motor will never make as much as a rb26 without the head work and possibly a stroker

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/426942-lewis-engines-rb25neo-head-vs-there-rb26-head/

It has an extra 100cc advantage, thats it!

34geteetee makes 391rwkw on 28PSI, whereas not only is Scotty's stagea running 4PSI more, but makes 50rwkw less despite running the equivalent turbo and displacement (2.5 6 pot)

Sometimes its not about displacement or cylinders, but more so engine design, the RB2.5 motor is certainly capable of huge numbers with head work and a built motor, but once again irrelevant for street use

Yes my engine is stock, and the stock cams would be holding me back big time at 8k, but the power loss of the auto is the big reason for less output. (not to mention the awd losses) You can really only compare the same cars on the same dyno imo.

Dyno's don't tell the big story, my car has monstrous torque and has given many a Racepace GTR a run down the straight at Sandown, even though it weighs over 400kg more. The V6 trades power for torque similar to V8's I think.

Yes my engine is stock, and the stock cams would be holding me back big time at 8k, but the power loss of the auto is the big reason for less output. (not to mention the awd losses) You can really only compare the same cars on the same dyno imo.

Dyno's don't tell the big story, my car has monstrous torque and has given many a Racepace GTR a run down the straight at Sandown, even though it weighs over 400kg more. The V6 trades power for torque similar to V8's I think.

:yes: a lot more to the story that just a dyno figure...

70cc u mean in the form of a stroker for extra torque. And stock heads the rb26 flows more and has the better 6 throttle body intake, but with porting that's a different story.

^ I don't know any RB25s that make 963awkw like this r34 GTR