SAU Community

Rb25Det Neo In Something Else ;d

I don't know how many of you skyline nuts would know this , But the 2.8 Turbo diesel Patrol shares the same bottom end and gearbox and bolts directly onto the engine mounts and straight into the box , And my 2.8 has 250,000 on the clock and runs 16 psi of boost and a diesel chip , and they generally don't last that long . So i'm thinking of chucking a NEO into the Troll . Can you guy's help my out with a fuel pump , injectors , turbo , Ecu and so fourth. I'm looking to make 300 - 350 ponies on 33's and 2.2 Tons of truck , who can help me? And approx pricing?

post-113869-0-83697500-1371454685_thumb.jpg

I've decided on the engine hah , I just want to know about the bolt on parts, i've been looking into these rb series engines , but could somebody advice me on what turbo / injector size and so fourth i'd need.

You want a 30 bottom end, you do.

The extra capacity will be well worth it in a 2 ton plus rig.

Even with the low gearing etc, i would have to agree here!

25/30 for you!

If you had to engineer it I'd do an RB30ET to get the numbers right , actually I think pov pak GQ STs had an RB30S (NA carby) std .

Anyway with an RB30ET you get to have an Australian legal engine option - and then if one morning you woke up and found it'd grown a twin cam head in the night - whos to know ? Engine number stays the same .

You're talking about a truck thats 800 Kg more than a 1400 kg R33 Skyline so every low down Nm of torque is a god send

A .

So obviously I'm a noob to this skyline stuff (God forbid I drive a 2012 lancer daily :0 ) , so does the 30 bottom end just bolt straight into the 25's head ? But I keep all the top end accessorys from the 25 ?

So obviously I'm a noob to this skyline stuff (God forbid I drive a 2012 lancer daily :0 ) , so does the 30 bottom end just bolt straight into the 25's head ? But I keep all the top end accessorys from the 25 ?

Not exactly that easy! There is a whole section dedicated to that topic i believe! If its not something you are familiar with i dont recommend you have a go!

Not exactly that easy! There is a whole section dedicated to that topic i believe! If its not something you are familiar with i dont recommend you have a go!

I've helped mates with multiple engine swaps , from blown 3.0Ls to 4.2s , rb30 carby into an rb30 from a Vl with the turbo , up to 6.0L Vortects into a shorty patrol , I have the mechanical no how , just not the Rb series knowledge hah.

I've helped mates with multiple engine swaps , from blown 3.0Ls to 4.2s , rb30 carby into an rb30 from a Vl with the turbo , up to 6.0L Vortects into a shorty patrol , I have the mechanical no how , just not the Rb series knowledge hah.

Its not likely to be a straight swap, that is what i meant :)

Its not likely to be a straight swap, that is what i meant :)

Ye hah :D , the Rb series seems so swap and play honestly it's ridiculous , but honestly I think I'll keep it simple honestly , all rb25 neo , but a bigger fuel pump and injectors and turbo when it needs it , 90% of my 4wding is sand dunes honestly , we don't have any steep rock tracks or anything hah. Limiter bashing up dunes at night time in a huge sand bowl with 20 cars is about it ;)

Ye hah :D , the Rb series seems so swap and play honestly it's ridiculous , but honestly I think I'll keep it simple honestly , all rb25 neo , but a bigger fuel pump and injectors and turbo when it needs it , 90% of my 4wding is sand dunes honestly , we don't have any steep rock tracks or anything hah. Limiter bashing up dunes at night time in a huge sand bowl with 20 cars is about it ;)

RB's do not like prolonged limiter bashing :P

Aww :( only on special occasions then! Do you know what turbo would be ideal for 300 horses and early spool? And what size injectors?

Oh dear... This has been covered SO many times that i dont know what answer to give you lol...

High flow and a set of 1000s cheapies will do it!