SAU Community

R33 Turbo - Broken Ceramic Exhaust Wheel?

r0ma

Hi All,

I have a R33 turbo with a snapped exhaust wheel, I am wondering if there is any cost effective options to replace the wheel? or where I could buy a new ceremic wheel?

not interested in hiflowing or replacing with another turbo.

The cost affective option is buy a second hand stock turbo as noted.

To replace the wheel you will pay pretty much the same amount as you would to have it high flowed. No point rebuilding to standard, spend a couple of hundred $$ and buy a second hander instead.

damn, I thought that was the case but was hoping it wasnt so...... I just picked the turbo up today and was rotating the exhaust housing to fit my project and snaped the wheel !! my own stupid fault and am kicking myself.

so the next question is: who/how can seperate teh exhaust housing to rotate it 90o or so with out snapping the wheel again?

I've never tried realigning it on a stock turbo, but on the aftermarket ones I've done it one, I never removed the rear housing, just loosen the locking mechanism and rotate it.

yeah I tried that but it was stuck good ! I put too much pressure trying to do it and snapped the wheel :-(

can anyone confirm if there turbos are ballbearing or journal ? I keep reading so many conflicting posts.