SAU Community

Dodgy Workshops And Their Crap Service

TTR34

For the record... the shop I took the car into was the original shop that built the car, it even still has their logo on the engine cover..... needless to say this will be now removed.

exactly as you said, it's not professional.

some shops are quite childish.

and its only a theory.

isnt it?

locally i know that some tuners will not tune engines that were not built by them cos they are not sure of the engine's built quality and to a certain extent i agree with them but this separates the average tuner from the real pros i guess

cos the jap tuner (i think he was the head tuner of apexi and creator of pfc) i went to... asked me what parts were in the engine, gave the engine a quick check and proceeded to tune the engine after setting up all the sensors etc...after 3 years... still no issues at all with engine.

Arrrrrr yeah thats why I stopped going there as well mate, things went south a looooong time ago and most of us jumped ship when the el capitan was how would you put it.....not very honest about his work.

My R32 was built by them too, needless to say I have repaired most of the problems they created.

For the record... the shop I took the car into was the original shop that built the car, it even still has their logo on the engine cover..... needless to say this will be now removed.

Thought I would add to this topic.

So leading up to what I have now.

Some of you may be surprised by the ad results due to the workshop is supposedly a very reputable workshop.

Now keep n mind I'm referring to the tuning only but... Here goes.

I requested my car have an oil change and tune.

CAr day for 2 days called in they said tomorrow.

Called in close of business next day still hasn't touched it.

2 days later on a Friday I called at 3pm and said my car was going on next.

I reminded the tuner to check the following as I was positive on these symptoms.

1 - slipping clutch

2 - exhaust leak somewhere

Got car back asked about only 350whp

On 14psi.

I had previously said gate pressure is 16psi.

So far too low for a fully built rb25 neo.

Then asked about exhaust leak and clutch slipping...

Response was doesn't seem like it

Seems fine..

Exactly 6 days later clutch goes on it.

A month later turbo gasket completely blows out.

Have since fixed it all up and gone to another tuner with everything now fixed with 457whp on gate pressure 16/15.5.

Just seemed like tuner wasn't interested in what I had to say about my car that I drive daily

I notice that there's a good tuners post but maybe mods can pin a post with the names of reputable shops that do good work? Not just tuning

Help others find the right shops to send their cars

Edited by BstewyR33

the problem with thay, is as already stated, there are good and bad stories from every shop.

I havnt heard of 1 shop without a negative story.

then youd get the slightly thicker headed person that then says that sau recommended them, and the problems should be dealt with by us.

easiest way is to pm a couple of people with well known cars, and get the names of the shop that looks after them.

We also have club sponsors and supporters who look after Members of SAU QLD. They offer discounts for actual financial members of the club, not just forum members. We are working on a list of places that look after us for all our needs.

We've got a Tuner, a general parts supply store, a suspension shop, a panel shop and a few more so far. :)

Not selecting 4th sounds like the adjustment is all out. But injectors leaking is f**ked and intercooler clamps missing is the work of a 1st apprentice not a mechanic. If I did that shit at my workshop my boss would give me the flick on the spot. Shame you can't tell us the workshop

We also have club sponsors and supporters who look after Members of SAU QLD. They offer discounts for actual financial members of the club, not just forum members. We are working on a list of places that look after us for all our needs.

We've got a Tuner, a general parts supply store, a suspension shop, a panel shop and a few more so far. :)

Is there a list or something around for these shops?

Working on it. I'll get a write up done sometime today - hopefully and it will be posted in the Member's Section

Cheers Tony, you exc guys are really pulling things together top work hey!