SAU Community

What Cams Would You Choose?

Hey guys and gals,

I have made the decision to change my cams... At the moment I have hks step 2 272's with 10.2 lift. I'm changing because I want more response down low on the track instead of having to keep the revs up between 5g and 9g.

So question is what cam size would you use? The head has had extensive work done, motor is fully built running -5's, running 98 octane and it's a 2.6. So I am after something that is going to match and make the most out of the engine and turbos for track use.

I'm open to any suggestions. Cheers

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think 260 will be a big enough difference?

What would your opinion be on putting stock cams back in? To small?

260 will be PLENTY!

I had 260 x 260 tomei cams, had the standard cams put back in, 355 rwkw with the 5s at around 7000 rpm and the car feels great to drive.

which 260s did you have ? would be awsome if you have before and after dyno charts to see the difference between the two cams ?

which 260s did you have ? would be awsome if you have before and after dyno charts to see the difference between the two cams ?

B type poncams, this was a fresh build at a new workshop, I would love to know myself.

What I did have was -10s with Poncams, Motec M800 at 25psi on Shell 100 octane for a disapointing 350awkw, soon after the engine shit it self.

New setup -5s with stock cams, in went my old power FC with Nismo AFM with just over 20psi on Shell 98 for 355rwkw and so much better to drive, the engine dosn't have to run as hard to make power.

type B poncams are a pet hate of mine, IMO to much durations for the lift they have

couple that with -10s on a 2.6 and it is never going to perform well no matter how good the computer is

motec back to a PFC ? strange move