SAU Community

Cost of engine removal?

ABuSD

Hey guys just wondering if any1 knows the rough cost of removing an engine and replacing it with another one? My engines dead in my 33. Deano, Leewah, im looking in your direction!!

Also its an RB25DET thats getting taken out of the GTS-t, but is there more costs involved to fit an RB26? ( i smells a project car coming on!!......And its all you SAU guys that are bad influences fault :P )

Cheers fellas!

:P

i would not expect it runnnig for the 1000 mark i know many ppl who have spend the so called $1000 engine swap / conversion then get shafter for heaps more and have to put there car on a trailer because its not running.

ey bro..

u want the whole car gone?? or just the motor...

either way .. i can do both..

PM me.. my cousin in newport can set u up good!

Sorry Haboob! Wulla, Well-eh.. that is so funny! and then to read you sign/avatar =lebvile "altona/newport"?? NO WAY! I DONT BELIEVE IT! You Cuz in Newport.. His name isn't Nik Nik Adma Fik :rant:

I don't think he wants to do an Insurance job, habib! I think he wants to remove/replace his motor :)

on the mark MeshMesh, even if i was just chucking in another RB25 it shouldnt be $1000 should it?? Seems a bit expensive, i thought maybe around th $500 mark.

R32Big_Boy, i would love to do that, but i have REALLY bad luck :P (actually i think its only with THIS car, the f*kn jynx!)

PS: I know there will be other costs, like new dump pipes need to be made and cooler piping and computer, im just after a rough cost on just dumping and fitting.

Thanks on the responses fellas! :):D:)

Organise a weekend meet at my place......bring labour and skyline lovers and I reckon I have the gear (hoist, welders, bench grinders and drills etc) to get it on the road. Haven't pulled an engine in weeks....getting withdrawals. Only cost to you is your parts.......I'm free.

Make sure Ash comes so we can plagarise off his fit...hell he can organise a cruise to my place that is like a used car yard most of the time anyway. In South morang, just past Mill Park.

You could easy change an engine in less then a day your self. Pulled out my engine about a hour and a halfs work, chopped up the sump on the gtr engine and had it sitting in the engine bay in around a full day. Its a piece of piss! Making the new piping for the gtr engine was a bit of a hasle thou. Take up geoff's offer!

Might be some fabrication work but no biggie, I am a mechanical engineer by profession, with a mechanic background. I am assuming this is RB25DET into R31, correct?

geoff... i have an R32, an RB25, PowerFC and a TD06 kit and soon an intercooler kit and oil cooler kit... and workshop manuals for both R33 and R32 in japanese (I can translate). I'm willing to take you up on the offer. I'm 3 blocks away from South Morang (hehe edge of Mill Park). How does July/August sound to you? I wanna learn during the process as well, so I'm willing to do most of the work, just need some space to disassemble and the equipment.

sorry for the Hijack

Make sure Ash comes so we can plagarise off his fit...hell he can organise a cruise to my place that is like a used car yard most of the time anyway. In South morang, just past Mill Park.

me? plagarise what?

The japs did my conversion in Japan. I know nothing.

But yer, i can do a cruise :) w000000000000000000000t

But yeah, $1000 to pull, put back a motor... of the SAME type.

if your gonig RB26 it'll cost you a lot more.

Shan

sounds like a good plan. I'll keep the garage clear. I have no car work to do cos the missus won't let me get a PFC until the tax cheque is in. :whip: So I refuse to race until then and the car is choking on too much fuel with the GTR pump.

Ash

just want to plagarise of your fittings instead of reinventing the whole thing.