SAU Community

Need Help Nismo Slave And Bleeding

okay so iv put in a Jim berry clutch so I thought I'd change the slave at the same time I got a nismo slave put it in and tryed to bleed it

this is were the problem started not knowing there was a nipple on the master I started at the junction box thing getting next to no fluid coming out we kept pumping and still nothing moved onto the nipple on the slave and ended up getting a little movement from the slave but the pedal was still sticking to the floor on every pump having to pull it up then I read another post with the same kind of probs but it was a gtr and he fixed it by starting his car this is when I found the nipple on the master I bled this nipple then went to the box thing then i finished on the slave getting a good squirt out of all the nipples

the problem is the pedal is still sticking to the floor and obviously air in the system now I'm thinking to get the nismo braided clutch line (does this go from slave to the master) would that help if it by passes the box thing?

any help would be much appreciated

Yea you are fine to remove the 'box thing' and I just used a GKtech braided clutch line for my car and it works fine and at $40 I'm willing to bet a fair bit cheaper than the Nismo item.

If I was you I would fit the new line and then start at the master bleeding it 6-7 times, after that the pedal won't fully return but you will notice a difference to before.

I'm not sure what to do next as I think there may be a difference between push and pull clutches and I have not bled a push system before, but somewhere on here I am sure there is a guide on how to do it :)

thanks iv now got the pedal and the clutch feels somewhat normal so I turns the car on (still on the stands) and it won't engage properly im going to try bleeding it again to see if it fixes. when I installed the clutch I put the smaller 'collar' thing that the thrust bearing goes on would that be why it's not engaging properly or just needs to be re bleed?

so now iv defiantly got the fluid bled properly and the clutch won't engage all the way I swapped back to the original slave to see if that made a difference but its exact ally the same the only thing I can think of is that the thrust bearing isn't engaging because of the collar being smaller but that is the one Jim berry sent me that's meant to go with this clutch anyone got any ideas ill give Jim a call tomorrow but any help would be great