SAU Community

End Of A Short Era...

Teiresias

Do feel bad for you dude.. Especially with him not paying for your damage..

I am a P plater, I'm not an idiot on the road but I do have bad road rage if someone doesn't let me in or cuts me off.

Anyway, haha..

I bought my first car 93 festiva for 3k lol 220xxx

Didn't learn..

Second car 83 ke70 rolla.. I bought this for $4,500! and i thought it was a bargain hahaha.. I had saved about 8g since owning the festy.

Spent my remaining money on fixing it up + suspension..

Third car.. Still didn't learn, was first import. Payed 9,000 for 93 r32 gtst with a t04e.. First thing I did was got it tuned?? That makes turbos go faster right? Haha $1700 later, for nothing :D

So there is idiots out there like me..

Hell.. I bet if I had a spare 7k in the bank I'd probably buy this too lol!

PS

If I had found this forum prior to buying a skyline.. Things would have been ALOT different..

Edited by Zrobe

Back ends twisted, $5600 in damage.

I think I'll repair it - make it drivable, but won't get it sprayed or anything.

In feb next year (when I'm off my Ps) I'll fob it off to a wrecker for w/e I can get for it and get a real Skyline.

If it lasts that long anyway.

Write the other driver a "letter of demand" & give him a realistic time frame to pay for the damages. (Eg. 30 days)
If he doesn't, then you take legal action, for $5600, I cannot believe you are prepared to pay for that yourself.

If you're insurance company was looking after it, it is exactly what they would be doing, only difference is they pay for your car to get fixed whilst chasing the other guy for the money.
You now have to do this yourself.

What details did you take down of his?

Rego?
Car Make/Model?
Name/Age/DOB/Address?
License Number?
Did you take photos & note the time, date & location of the incident?

^ if you have all those details you will not have a problem getting the money, even if you have to take him to court for it.
It's not like it's a matter of $50, it's a lot of money.

Write the other driver a "letter of demand" & give him a realistic time frame to pay for the damages. (Eg. 30 days)

If he doesn't, then you take legal action, for $5600, I cannot believe you are prepared to pay for that yourself.

If you're insurance company was looking after it, it is exactly what they would be doing, only difference is they pay for your car to get fixed whilst chasing the other guy for the money.

You now have to do this yourself.

What details did you take down of his?

Rego?

Car Make/Model?

Name/Age/DOB/Address?

License Number?

Did you take photos & note the time, date & location of the incident?

^ if you have all those details you will not have a problem getting the money, even if you have to take him to court for it.

It's not like it's a matter of $50, it's a lot of money.

Lol, dude, I'm doing that. I didn't mean I'd fork that out myself. If he doesn't pay himself I'll get my insurance involved. They'll give me 3k, that's what I'm covered for with 3rd party.

and yes, I have photos of my car, his car, a photo of his license.

though there's an issue with his name.

the name on his email address and what he gave me is different to the name on his drivers license. Drastically different. So we'll see what happens if he doesn't pay up.

So, looks like "I can't pay" is the response from the guy that hit me.

Now comes the fun part -_-

So, off to insurance on Monday. My 3rd party covers me for 3k. So I'll get that. I'll also get to see if they'll make it a write-off (better?) or not.

Good fun.

Don't know how feasible taking him to court will be. Even if I do win, if he doesn't have any assets, what do I get? Squat.

Any experiences to share?

If they chose to write the car off and give you a cheque, take it. They offer up to $10k in payout for 3rd party (minus your excess of course).

They would do that? I mean, I'm only covered for 3k if an uninsured party hits me. It's not full comp... If this is the case that'd be awesome. Much much bloody simpler.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you mean 'written off', not "ridden off"......unless you 'rode off' your car :/

You're a touch late on that one...

So, as for news (if anyone was interested).

He won't pay. Insurance is giving me $3k.

He owes me ~$2600 still, but it's not really worth my time and $, especially if HE doesn't have money to begin with.

Yet to send a formal letting of demand, waiting on final settlement with JCI.

And no, they didn't write it off, they can't since I'm not covered by full comp - at least that is the impression I'm receiving.

• 3 weeks later...

So, looking for a new car now, only wanting to spend ~$3k, stretch it closer to $4k if I have to.

Only need it for a year, two at the most, in which time I'll be finished studying and hopefully working full time.

Looking at

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Nissan-Pintara-1992/AGC-AD-13614720/?Cr=3&sdmvc=1

at the moment, what do you guys think?

any suggestions?