SAU Community

Advice On Straight Pipes R34 Turbo

hey i was wondering if anyone could let me know about there straight pipe experiences? i had a search on here and on google but kept coming up with threads for WRX's and Commies.

i have a R34 turbo with a 3 inch stainless exhaust and i wanna get from the cat back straight piped, but then i won't have a hot dog, this car won't be my daily so it's not too much of an issue with loudness, but i don't want it to sound like a bloody tractor, should i just get them to put in a hot dog in the new exhaust? love the straight pipe sound but have heard some terrible ones!

any help would be great!

Cheers

Chris

A hotdog is a resonator. Shaped a bit like a hotdog. Very nearly useless.

If it were the only resonator/muffler in a 3" Skyline exhaust I would expect the noise to be horrendous. But if you like that sort of thing, go right ahead.

• Like 1

awe schitt man, sell the liner and buy a mazda with a rotary 13b or somfing U know you wanto

haha i actually looked at some mazda rotaries before the 34, but i was told by countless people that rotaries are really hard to look after and are high maintenance and break a lot haha.

well when my car is driven "on the track" it has a single cell cat and a straight through apexi oval cannon with nothing else. Was nice until the dump pipe was remade from stainless and it become super raspy. It sounds horrible at any revs below 4500. So in my opinion keep it mild steel and save some money while you do it.