SAU Community

R33 GTST BOV advice

flex

hey fellow skyliners,

I've got a r33 gtst, and I want to get myself a bov for the sound haha. umm, what is the most reccommended bov do u guys suggest? one that will not cause me trouble with leaks, etc... and possibly street legal (but doesnt have to be). Are there disadvantages and advantages of having a bov? To install a bov, does it need any extra gadgets installed? or is it just a plugin device? Sorry for the noob questions, but i'm just down for the sound :)

btw, which one will produce the best sound...

hey fellow skyliners,

I've got a r33 gtst, and I want to get myself a bov for the sound haha. umm, what is the most reccommended bov do u guys suggest? one that will not cause me trouble with leaks, etc... and possibly street legal (but doesnt have to be). Are there disadvantages and advantages of having a bov? To install a bov, does it need any extra gadgets installed? or is it just a plugin device? Sorry for the noob questions, but i'm just down for the sound :)

btw, which one will produce the best sound...

The first question is, its you car modified to a large extend, as in larger fuel pump or larger turbo? Because if u do Venting BOV's will stall your engine.

Guest INASNT

it might not stall all the time but it does sometime. It actually makes the car run slower and alot richer, as between gear changes u get that little flat spot with the atmo bov which i noticed quite badly. This was with a Blitz atmo one which i hated. I now have gtr bov's and they are so much better with the wanker sound.

The first question is, its you car modified to a large extend, as in larger fuel pump or larger turbo? Because if u do Venting BOV's will stall your engine.

my car is basically stock and auto, the only mod is probably my exhaust. what types of bovs are there? theres the atmopheric bov and...

will the bov sound, work good with an automatic car?

I think it will ok, exept u will only get the sound when u back of the accelerator. The atmposhere BOV makes the noise and the Plumb back BOV's make no noise. Try putting in a HKS SSQV, but try it on your car before you buy it because it might not work. Better yet just buy a Plumb back because it wont cause you any problems. It all depends on what you prefer, Rice or Performance.

flex i'll give you 24 hours before I close this thread because you are gonna get the shit bagged out of you by all the members of this forum.

Atmo BOV's are only of any use if you make some decent power. Atmo BOV on a stock car is silly. Atmo BOV on a stock automatic car is even sillier. Save your money and go buy a single R34 GTR turbo for the same cost as a HKS SS Fart Valve.

I love the sound of my factory BOVs releasing a muted woosh :rant:

I also liked the sound of the SSQV on my old GTSt too, but sometimes can get a bit annoying when trying to 'stealth' about (yeah right, wiht that 108dB exhaust that was on it!)

I love the sound of my factory BOVs releasing a muted woosh :rant:

I also liked the sound of the SSQV on my old GTSt too, but sometimes can get a bit annoying when trying to 'stealth' about (yeah right, wiht that 108dB exhaust that was on it!)

Yeh I've taken off my HKS Super-Sequential at the moment, the factory BOV sounds alright.. just doesnt have the same effect

Oh well. BOV's attract cops, the EPA say they create "undue noise polution", so cops can defect anyone for having an after market BOV :rant: it's not fair... can't have fcuk all mods these days without being picked on :)

_

flex i'll give you 24 hours before I close this thread because you are gonna get the shit bagged out of you by all the members of this forum.

LOL... BOVs are not only public enemy no.1 of police/EPA but forum members too :rant:

I hide in corner and hugs my BOV box "i just loves my BOV, just loves it i do"

sorry fellas, i might not get a bov then- since i'm attracting too much hate haha

i just wanna learn u know, a newbie has to start somewhere :) but thanks to those that tried to help me, appreciate it alot guys :rant:

The atmposhere BOV makes the noise and the Plumb back BOV's make no noise.
NOT TRUE!

I had a Turbosmart BOV that I installed both as Vented & Plumbed back [to test it] on different occasions [not a dual port] and it made almost as much noise when plumbed back! Was only a little bit quieter. Still made the Flutter sound and Psssht sounds depending on Revs and bov setting, stock bov doesnt make either of these sounds, just a nice woosh through the air cleaner!

You can still get plenty of noise out of a "plumb back"!!!

My R33 came with a Blitz blow me valve that worked and sounded fine. BUT....

Blow me valves are a waste of time, all it will do it make people look at you when you drive past and think "Gee look at that co(k smoker" :P Sorry but it's true. Not to mention the fact thats it's almost like having a sticker on the back of your car saying "My car is defective".