SAU Community

Sau - Nsw Texikhana Oct 7 Long Weekend

34GeeTeeTee

Hey Guys! Its that time for Skidz again!!!!!!!

SAU 2013 Texikhana - October Long Weekend

3HrWO3R.jpg

Event: SAU NSW Texikhana
Location: Nirimba Airfield / TAFE / Skidpan - same place as last time (yeah, it's got a few names)
Location map: https://maps.google....&sz=15&t=m&z=15
Date: 7th October 2013

What is it: Skidpan courses marked with shiny new cones
Entry cost SAUNSW members: $55 Entry fee
Entry cost Non SAUNSW members: $75 Entry fee (If you plan to enter more than 1 or more events with us it pays to be a funded member)

Entries strictly capped at Max. 30 cars. This guarantees loads of runs and minimal wait time but if you don't sign up, well you snooze you lose. The last event was a sellout so get it quick to reserve your spot.

Spectators: Free to watch
Lunch: BBQ will be $3 snag sandwich and $1.50 cans (selection of flavours available)
Passengers: $10 which is cheap compared to other clubs and events, (SUPPORTS OUR CLUB!!!) , MUST sign on, MUST wear wrist to neck/ankle clothing with enclosed shoes and approved helmet, same as drivers.
Courses: Released on the day at sign on

First timers: Don't be shy, you'll love it. First timer F.A.Q. (Thanks Owen) available HERE (Click me baby)

Those of you that have been to one of these before will agree, this is the best money you can spend as far as driving time for an event. The event will be run after run until 4.30pm, and considering most runs are under 1 minute AND that we're kicking off at 9am, that's a lot of runs wink.gif

This is a safe event where you only go as hard as you want to, there's no pressure, one car on a course at a time. Perfect for beginners to have a first try at driving their pride and joy off the streets.

With that said, there's usually some friendly competition between mates, which is great to watch smile.gif

Timing for the day;

Scrutineering/sign on starts 7.00am
Scrutineering/sign on ends 8.30am (don't show up at 8.25am, come with plenty of time to spare)
Drivers brief 8.40am (mandatory attendance all drivers)
Runs start 9.00am
Lunch approx 12.30pm depending on how the day is going (One hour)
Runs stop 4.45pm
Gates close 5.00pm

Entrants please note:

-All entered cars must arrive in time for and pass scrutineering, no exceptions.
-All drivers must be licensed (AASA or CAMS) and show valid licence and expiry date at sign on.
-All cars must have an insurance approved fire extinguisher secured within drivers reach.
-Sidepipes are not allowed. Screamers/external gates venting to
atmosphere are also not allowed to be entered. No exceptions (this is
not my choice, I ♥ gate)
-Entries are open now, entries close as stated in Supplementary
Regulations (at bottom of this post) to allow time for officials to
organise paperwork.
-Supp regs and Entry Form are soon to be attached. Entry forms without payment will be rejected.
-Yes you can join SAUNSW on the day (allow an extra 5mins at sign on)
-Yes you can organise an AASA or CAMS licence on the day (allow extra 10mins at sign on)
-There is no EFTPOS/Credit Card machine on site, so bring cash and we
will have change there for you. If you can bring close to the right
amount, that's helpful.

HOW TO ENTER:
Electronic entry details sent to [email protected]
'Italics are for reference only, i have used my details as an example'
Full Legal Name (as entered on bank deposit): Mat Wootten TEXI
Forum Alias: 34GeeTeeTee
Car Make: Nissan
Car Model: R34 Skyline
The only way to secure a spot is through sending in an entry form/email and payment to the SAU-NSW account, the bank details are below:

SAUNSW bank details:

Bank - NAB
Branch - Marrickville
Account name - Skylines Australia NSW
BSB - 082 356
Account number - 546 393 766

Please put your FULL NAME in the description, eg "TEXI JOE SMITH"

Here is the wrap up video to our last Texi -

GET ON IT!!! :woot:

OP loves his own car.

Get your hand off it mate!

You are just jelly! Get your entry sorted and do a bigger skid and yours will be on the next thread... Deal? Biggest skid gets Texi thread fame....

• Like 1

Hey guys ill be going to spectate only - but I was wondering does anybody take family with them and shit... Was thinking I might bring the little ones with me - trying toget them hooked on cars at a young age :P

Hey guys ill be going to spectate only - but I was wondering does anybody take family with them and shit... Was thinking I might bring the little ones with me - trying toget them hooked on cars at a young age :P

Yeah for sure mate, just bring some chairs and some shade of some form incase it's really sunny... It's a great spectator event too, just make sure you like the smell of rubber as there are a few hoons among us :ph34r:

Corrupt the kids at a young age, I like your style!

• Like 1