SAU Community

Beware Of Modified Injectors

We suspect backyard Bob modified these side feed injectors to flow more. The problem is that they don't flow very even as per report, although there is more to it, as it is hard to see in the picture but they are all in different rotation, or sequence, in reference to the injector plug location. The flow test showed even worse as not matched very well and they also did atomise very well, more like jets and pointing in different directions.

See picture of one of the injectors magnified showing uneven hole size and spacing.

post-2671-0-85980200-1378090184_thumb.jpg

post-2671-0-74996100-1378090146_thumb.jpg

post-2671-0-80468200-1378090202_thumb.jpg

Fair enough. I am just trying to understand the message you are wanting to convey... Should we just be avoiding modified injectors in general or is there a particular injector mob producing these?

I am running a modified injector which looks just like what you have posted, but they work a treat. So I am curious what you have got there.

I think its just a warning to be careful of people selling high flowed injectors. I know when its done right it isnt a problem, but asking for flow reports etc before buying I think is the message here?

They look pretty horrible either way. Definetly wouldn't want them on my car

They are a very precise item and if done correctly they are ok, but these ones were clearly not.

Keep in mind when tuning a Skyline you are measuring air fuel ratio of a combination of six injectors. One could be very lean and you may not know. If in doubt get them tested.

There are other tell tale signs of poor injector quality. Consistency in the mixture when going from WOT to cruise and the burn across the plugs mean a lot.

I run the Five O motorsports injectors which are a Jecs injector rebuilt to whatever size you buy it as. Unigroup gave me the lecture before I took the car in but everything turned out mickey mouse. I have not seen a better burn across a set of plugs. Idle quality and economy are all up there too, but they look exactly like the ones posted above (except the pintle caps). They even have a number engraved (yet I believe mine have a serial number engraved so you know which one matches what on the flow report). Or it could be a 3 digit CC reading, I can't remember.

Anywho, thus my curiosity. These could be SRDE injectors backyarded like you said.