SAU Community

R31 Rb20Det Drift Car Help

Leeroy94

Cooling problem sorted.

Now I need to fix the revs problem.

I've checked majority of the electrical side of things. Spark plugs, coil packs etc. I've checked all my hoses/pipes for leaks.

Could it be an ECU problem? And how would I go about diagnosing it?

Cooling problem sorted.

Now I need to fix the revs problem.

I've checked majority of the electrical side of things. Spark plugs, coil packs etc. I've checked all my hoses/pipes for leaks.

Could it be an ECU problem? And how would I go about diagnosing it?

check AFM in those electrical problems ? easiest way is to grab someones that you know works bang it on and see if it clears up

check AFM in those electrical problems ? easiest way is to grab someones that you know works bang it on and see if it clears up

Unfortunately I have no friends with rb motors :( but I do have a multimeter.. Can I check that way?

bf658334-d2f5-45c7-ad51-d093626c01d0.jpg

Suspicious: Some sort of resistor is hooked up to the coolant temp sensor circled in the picture. Previous owner said that it makes the ecu think its running at 30 degrees so it puts more fuel in to make a few extra HP?? I tried removing it and returning it to stock but it was missing around the 2000-4000rpm mark. So for now I reinstalled the resistor and its running fine from 1000-5000rpm.

Thought I would input as much information as possible.

Edited by Leeroy94

those resistor things are stupid, usually the ecu chip you get off ebay stating more power and fuel eco.if the ecu thinks ur engine is cold it will rich up the mixtures but also retard timing

those resistor things are stupid, usually the ecu chip you get off ebay stating more power and fuel eco.if the ecu thinks ur engine is cold it will rich up the mixtures but also retard timing

I tried returning it to stock but it made it worse. Spluttered and missing from 2-4k rpm.