SAU Community

Turbo Housing Opinion

donburtron

Hi

i have a r33 gtst and just bought a 4294 gt42 precision turbo.

im stilk debating what housing sizes to go with.

i would love 1000hp out of the car but i know its costly and i dont want anything less than 800hp..

i have all the supporting mods to make the power and i want other opinions before i order the housings..

any help would be great

I have already done the following mods

forged bottom end with billet crank

Tomei type L fpr

bosch 023

Z32 afm

1000cc injectors

splitfire coils

fmic

greedy plenum and 92mm throttle body

exhaust

hd clutch with gtr racing flywheel

haltec ecu

other random stuff boost controller turbo timer etc

im yet to do the head and cam woek with studs and the new turbo im buying asap..

i will have the current engine for sale soon it is making 366rwkw at 25 psi.. pm me for details.

thanks for your advice scotty.

i am useing the car as a daily drag and track.. i also want the numbers as im more than half way there with all the parts i have wanting to build a engine..

so basicallyif i went with a larger rear housing i will have some lag at lower rpm..

its my daily aswell so i dont want to be boosting under 3000 to much anyway but i dont want it to be laggy if i put my foot down i want response aswell..

Would you recommend any size housing or put me onto a post that has b3en over this before ?

if any one else has some advide if would be good..

once again thanks for your help scotty

Edited by donburtron

I dont mean to upset your 1000hp dream but your your going to need a f**k load more supporting mode to get even close to your goal. Z32 afm maxes out at 370ish kw. What capacity rb is it? If rb25 it is going to be a laggy dog to drive. Also ridiculous for a car with that turbo to be a daily driver. I hope you have at least 50k min yo bhrn.

its school holidays again isny it? Hahs.

josh

Unless you have a 1000hp car or had you dont know what you on about..

http://www.nzefi.com/packages/power-upgrade/nissan-skyline-r33-rb25det/

That link will give you some detail but go ahead and contact them and you will see you wont need that much money to do it..

With a good mechanic and cheap parts supplier that i have you can do it in half the money..

iv already got a rebuilt box and diff aswell that i havn mentioned so if you just want to press buttons on the keyboard you might aswell get off this forum and keep studying year 10 though out your school holidays..

and maybe some spelling lessons

Edited by donburtron

I didn say im useing a z32 maf..

that is on the engine i have not making 366rwkw and running perfect..

thay engine i am selling as i have another engine for rebuild

a ford lightning maf will to about 800 to 850 hp or i can use the z32 and put a new sensor in it and tune from scratch..

people please read the post before you reply

Edited by donburtron

Mate I think you have no idea.

your looking at at least 7k-10k just to build a cylinder head to make 1000hp at the wheels.

You'll need a built rb30 bottem end grout filled, enlarged oil return holes, rb26 bearings for the big ends for better oiling ect. Plus all the other machine work done to handle that power. 1/2" head studs. And I could go on. Minimum of 10k just in the bottem end. Dry sump external pump and blah blah blah. Atleast 5k in the exhaust manifold custom cooler piping ect. Ect. Then yiur going yo need a ppg dog box built or holinger just to handle that power theres 10k for a ppg or 20k for a holinger.. Stock box will be farked qiuck as. Triple plate clutch. 3k there. Then you need a big brake kit, 5k. Furl setup. 4 bosch o44s and at least 2000cc injectors.there 3-4k. And I can still g po on with all the other things you neec.

So have fun building a 1000hp skyline for 20k haha.

as I said must be school holidays.

josh

if you could read you would know the clutch in the gearbox now is not the one im useing..

i have a complete r33 gtr gearbox and diff setup with a nismo clutch..

If your read before you reply i would have to answer these questions twice..

and im happy you know how to research clutches in google..

This forum is full of cockheads that think they know eveything and still prop sucking on mums titty..

im glad i got some better information i asked for on other forums cause i sure know what forum is better..

Pfft so every single triple plate clutch in the world is 2099 dollars is it? Which brand? And tell me why do you have a gtr box in a gtst? Also a gtr box and gts-t box box have ghe same internals. So a gtr box is no stronger. And at 1000hp a gts-t/gtr box will go bang crack crunch before you know it. Do your research and you would kniw this. You really do have no idea. Ive built and played with quite a few high hp rb's mate and I know whats involved.

Go for it man. Seems like you know it all already. :) Here's a tip. To find the best turbo match tell Precision what your plans are, they would help you far more than anyone else could.