SAU Community

Rosie Goes Through Dickson - Results Inside.

RosieR34

Well - before, I had to get something signed which they provided the specefic paper for. This time I didn't get paper for the child restraints to be signed and was told to get child restraints for each back seat and to make sure it's done properly as it is a safety issue - he didn't mention anything about signing or need a certificate. The only Mods I am currently running is a bigger intercooler, Pod filter and exhaust. However, on the paper the exahust is "Ticked" so I'm guessing it passed (but not the noise). I could box in my air filter as they normally do not look under it - they did not note down that I had an aftermarket pod filter so might be lucky. As for the intercooler - that maybe my only issue for mods.

The big pain killer is the suspension but... if I can get a cheap set at a legal high then shouldn't be too hard.

Buy my suspension shocks are awesome height is legal and handles great same suspensiln went though dickson 6months earlier

Man you got fk'd in the bum by RTA

I went in there failed once with my tie rods being modified

Replaced those and I passed

Mind you, my mods were, fuel press reg, eBoost2, FMIC, pod filter, and an atmospheric BOV

CBF replying to everything relevant haha, so:

They made me get them fitted and my report amended. Got the same guy doing the report to do the restraints. Coz he does everything to the book, he had to fabricate the mounts from scratch as the correct location falls inside the speakers (made a "bridge" to go over the speaker but under the mesh). Fabrication of the mounts, testing them to ensure they comply with structural requirements as per ADR, then amending my certificate came to ~$1045 or something. Absolute joke, but not like the kunts at DICKson gave me a choice.

I mean, the pieces of shit were even kind enough to wait until I came back for my reinspection (outside of 30 days from first one) after having done an absolute buttload of f**king around and fixing shit up to get the certificate in the first place, before they failed me for child restraints missing as well as the window tint on my rear windows. Yeah, coz those things were totally roadworthy the first time they went over the vehicle and between inspections I decided to apply illegal tint and remove all traces of the mounts.

f**k Dickson RTA inspection station, and f**k every piece of shit that works there.

Do ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING you can to avoid taking your car there, as well as avoiding getting an engineer's certificate for modifications. If I had my chance again, I would have cancelled the rego and found someone who'll do a dodgy roadworthy. Even if I had to pay them $500 to do it, I'd still be better off having avoided the ridiculous expenses I incurred as well as more stress than I ever want to deal with again.

Man you got fk'd in the bum by RTA

I went in there failed once with my tie rods being modified

Replaced those and I passed

Mind you, my mods were, fuel press reg, eBoost2, FMIC, pod filter, and an atmospheric BOV

haha f**king oath I did :(

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

MY BALLS.

Well:

1 - lololol.....dunno what to do here, since all my indicators work yet it flashes like one is broken sad.gif

2 - erratic headlight beams...just needs adjusting

3 - park lights (front) weren't working, which is odd since it's both of them and they worked last I looked...gay

4 - seatbelt wouldn't clip into buckle. I had the wrong buckle there (registered as 4 seater, discovered lapsash under rear seat. I stashed the buckle before inspection, but I stashed the wrong one lol)

5 - f**k knows what "nut" he means, but yeah...I'll tighten it I suppose?

6 - fuuuuu, getting some braided lines now.

7 - the back rest of my seat has free play in it. I've checked to see why on prior occasion - no idea. Nothing appears loose. Will borrow a seat some a mate or something.

8 - Gasket before cat converter is muffed, easy fix when I put a quiet exhaust on.

9 - apparently there's a restrictor there....which is true, though see next point for lulz

10 - measured 103dB. Like a bawss.

Then the kicker:

11 - I need an engineer's certificate for my suspension/adjustable bits and pieces.

Mods they cared about triggering the need for the certificate were coilovers, rear camber arms, rear traction rods, and HICAS lock bar. When getting the certificate, ALL MODIFICATIONS must be certified - ie, they won't just engineer the ones you ask them for. EVERYTHING was noted on mine, even things that didn't need to be engineered. If it wasn't standard, it was added.

I got my modded jdm evo 8 from interstate and all I had to do was get a rwc from any mechanic and an identity check. Do imports all have to go through dickson now or something?

No. I brought my GTR over from Perth. Inspection at a garage and rego swapped to ACT no probs.

But it was registered in my name already so not sure if that makes a difference.

In july i got defected for blow of valve and exhaust too loud, was told to take the car to Dickson. Made the car as stock as i could but first visit was a fail, was told to fix it and bring it back. Fixed everything that was written down but i couldnt clean the oil under the car as i wanted to hose it down just before taking the car in for my 2nd inspection which was going to make it all nice and clean, unfortunately i sprained my ankle badly while playing soccer the night before the car was booked in. took it in without cleaning them and got the car passed :)

The guy told me everything looks good but there is still lots of oil under the car which needs to be cleaned and i told him i was going to clean it but i sprained my ankle, He just smiled and said make sure you clean it.

My girlfriends wrx was called in for a inspection as someone complained that her car is too loud and they called her in for a full inspection, she just changed the exhaust and we took her car in got it passed.

I think dickson is not that bad for me. its just my person thinking

By the way few years ago i bought my Child safety thing from Trojan motorsport. Go see John, Im sure he can help you out.

Also i only let him touch my car as hes the only one i trust and he can get whatever parts you want for a import.

post-72907-0-50583300-1381569502_thumb.jpg

Edited by 5hiv
  • Like 1

Cheers - Might take it to Trojan and try and get a quote for some of the stuff.

If im not wrong, you used to live in dunlop yea haven't seen you in ages, i only see Rob i guess who drives the R33 4 door.

Yeah that should be easy, the pod and the muffler, but the intercooler? maybe try find a stockie to borrow.

What about just springs, or even sneakier, chock the springs up with something to get it higher.

If you dont plan on having kids in the car, maybe remove all child restraints? could you rego it with none?

child restraints must be in the car, children or not.

pod is fine as long as its securely mounted.