SAU Community

R34 N/a Tiptronic Revving Question

statue

Hi guys,

I've got an R34 Tiptronic and Non Turbo.

I can only reach 3500 rpm before feeling the need to shift gear.

Any higher than that, it feels like it's struggling.

It's never reached up to 4000 even when the red line is 7000 or 6800.

Just want to confirm if that's normal for these cars? I've owned 2 R34's and both are the same.

Anyone know?

:thanks:

Feels like the engine wont be able to take it if I go any further.

Also, I have another revving problem..

2nd gear at 42km/h

3rd gear at 65km/h or sometimes 75km/h

watch the video.. what do you guys think? whats wrong with it?

Thanks

It does struggle above 4000 on neutral and also on any other gears.

The loss of power or hesitation only happens with 2nd gear(42kmh) and 3rd gear (65 or 75 kmh)

I haven't tested on auto yet.. Will see how it goes tomorrow

Oh yeah.. Another problem..

Sometimes it downshifts back to first gear after already getting to second gear(tiptronic)

I rev for a couple of secs in second gear and it downshifts and I'm back in first gear.

I'll be having everything checked together with my next minor service.

So I'm looking for anyone who has had these problems and any other ideas!

By the way, if you agree with someone, post a +1 for them and thanks for the above posts and ideas :thumbsup:

That sounds like transmission problems, friends skyline does the exact same thing, goes to 2nd, makes a revving noise as if its slipping, then wil either stay in 2nd or go back to first. Again this is not on tiptronic as hes tiptronic doesnt work.

It does struggle above 4000 on neutral and also on any other gears.

The loss of power or hesitation only happens with 2nd gear(42kmh) and 3rd gear (65 or 75 kmh)

I haven't tested on auto yet.. Will see how it goes tomorrow

Oh yeah.. Another problem..

Sometimes it downshifts back to first gear after already getting to second gear(tiptronic)

I rev for a couple of secs in second gear and it downshifts and I'm back in first gear.

I'll be having everything checked together with my next minor service.

So I'm looking for anyone who has had these problems and any other ideas!

By the way, if you agree with someone, post a +1 for them and thanks for the above posts and ideas :thumbsup:

Based on past experience with my brothers n/a r34 tip tronic, it ended up being somethign wrong with the fuel pressure/fuel lines. (either fuel pump, fuel filter, or blocked injectors). Basically the car wouldnt rev above 5000revs in tip tronic (and neutral), it would simply just struggle. I cant describe the sound in words, but ill give it a shot. Sounded like feathering the throttle in 2nd gear going 100ks per hour, even though the foot was to the floor. Anyways that being said, it was fixed by the mechanic, he did something fuel related, i have no clue what though. He also reset the ecu (unplug the battery).

Note: he also had tip tronic dash lights flashing etc....but it never ended up being his transmission. It could virtually be anything, so its hard to narrow down. R34s show weird lights for a reason which isnt even related to that particular component of the car.

Hopefully i helped ya man, sounds frustrating =(