SAU Community

Formula One 2014

tweety bird

Not really, It's going to be double bad for team morale. Going to have an angry Botas, angry Williams and a half angry Massa (For them asking him in the first place). Bottas had a chance to steal some more points off Button, and a slim chance to drag Massa with him. Good for the team. Worst case sceneraio, Button and Bottas take each other out, Massa gains his place back +1 and they can say they tried (although they would not be happy about losing points/damaging a car like that)

I can understand why Massa didn't want to do it, but this early in the season, fighting for minor positions, I think they have to try and get as much as they can. Championships arent on the line, its only race 2. Sometimes you have to think about the team when your not as fast as the other guy and theres another team only a couple of seconds in front

I do feel sorry for Massa. He's a victim of being nice, everyone expects him to play by the rules. But it's one thing to be asked to move over for a world champion (Alonso), it's quite another to be asked to move over for the newbie.

You're all forgetting Multi21 from last year. Seb gave no farks for what the team said, and did his own thing. Nobody was surprised because we all know he's an anus-diddling bieber lookalike so the collective reaction was a non-event. You need this kind of "win at all costs" attitude to be a world champion, Massa and Weber both got close but they are not arseholes. When you need those last few points to get you ahead of the rest, being an arsehole will achieve it and your team will forgive you if you bring home the bacon. It's better to win while not being an arsehole but a lot harder.

f**k him. If he was faster, he wouldn't be behind! :P

Besides, Bottas clearly demonstrated how likely he'd be to pass the McLaren - he couldn't pass Massa. He couldn't even really launch an attack. So Williams got the same number of points - no problems there. And the rest of the world got to enjoy the correct sporting outcome.

Edited by hrd-hr30

the fact Lewis smoked everyone and STILL had used less fuel than anyone else in the top 10 by a few laps from the end shows how well sorted the Merc is

The FIA sanctioned sensor says he used less fuel but how much was left in the tank?

The FIA sanctioned sensor says he used less fuel but how much was left in the tank?

And the fact that whenever you're out in front you use less fuel than fighting with other cars for position and in the dirty air of the car in front.

And benedict cumberbatch, an actor at his first gp race, still did a better job at the podium interviews than Alan Jones did at the Aussie gp

Still wondering why Rosberg used so much more in the same equipment. I am not calling shenanigans but he had clear air in front for most of the race since Homoton cleared out.

Different setups, different tyre degradation and defending are all factors but the difference from memory was around 5% which seemed a little excessive when using the same gear.

Still wondering why Rosberg used so much more in the same equipment. I am not calling shenanigans but he had clear air in front for most of the race since Homoton cleared out.

Different setups, different tyre degradation and defending are all factors but the difference from memory was around 5% which seemed a little excessive when using the same gear.

And the fact that whenever you're out in front you use less fuel than fighting with other cars for position and in the dirty air of the car in front.

And benedict cumberbatch, an actor at his first gp race, still did a better job at the podium interviews than Alan Jones did at the Aussie gp

Remember Rosberg was falling back near Seb at one stage so probably used a bit of fuel to build a gap back up. Hamilton didnt have to live in the turbulent air, which they keep telling us does bad things for tyres, fuel economy etc, so I guess the start of the race might have snowballed the rest?

Who knows. Theres so much to question at this stage, and noone is willing to give any answers so what can you do

seems pretty obvious to me. Cruising around in front at a pace you are comfortable with is going to use less fuel than if you have a guy pressuring you the whole race, forcing your pace.

In Malaysia Red Bull experienced a failure of the fuel sensor on Daniel Ricciardo's car and used the back-up system, but because the sensor completely failed, rather than just providing inaccurate readings, the same debate did not occur.

from f1live.. LOL. these sensors are a bloody joke. or maybe RBR have figured out how to make them die :P

if i were Juan Miguel Fernandez and this was my 5th(?) year driving a fruitless ferrari, i'd be re-reading my current contract looking for an exit clause

they've slipped back into their close enough is good enough philosophy, and short of something terrible going wrong with Merc of the bulls, they're not going to accomplish much

i would say the same about Mclaren, but i dont know what this Honda move has in store

in any case, Louie for WDC14!

And the fact that whenever you're out in front you use less fuel than fighting with other cars for position and in the dirty air of the car in front

Which would likely be entirely offset by not slipstreaming or using DRS