SAU Community

Formula One 2014

tweety bird

I used to use VIPBOX but it is pretty rubbish.

Try this one next time, its not perfect but it works a bit better:

http://cricfree.tv/sky-sports-f1-live-stream.php

I've managed full sessions out of it without dropping out. Trick is to full screen it.

I use it during races for when One goes to ad breaks, so in other words its my main feed for watching The race haha

Edited by Scottydoo

^^^^^ Thanks Scott

Alan Jones has no idea what he is talking about. Limiting the fuel flow is to cap the power, not to get the teams to use their electric engines.

Why can't we have a straight sky telecast. I hate the bullshit that comes out of Tens commentators. :angry:

Edited by chus13

^^^^^ Thanks Scott

Alan Jones has no idea what he is talking about. Limiting the fuel flow is to cap the power, not to get the teams to use their electric engines.

Why can't we have a straight sky telecast. I hate the bullshit that comes out of Tens commentators. :angry:

Well.... he is kinda right, if you limit the power from the engine side of it, you tend to work harder on getting the most out of the electric side. So they are probably using more electrical HP in the top gears, rather then purely using it out of corners etc because the engine can make the power up top. I dunno, much smarter people then me probably know more about it

It's not an invalid point, but its not an overly smart one either.

Looks like I might need to use the feed when Qualifying starts in an hour..... or tomorrow when One/Ten dont have time to cover it

ive always thought the late start for the malaysian gp was a dumbarse idea.... stupid 'we need to make it better for the european viewers....'

also somtimes ive used firstrowsports for streaming, can be ok, quality can be a bit average sometimes....

Well.... he is kinda right, if you limit the power from the engine side of it, you tend to work harder on getting the most out of the electric side. So they are probably using more electrical HP in the top gears, rather then purely using it out of corners etc because the engine can make the power up top. I dunno, much smarter people then me probably know more about it

It's not an invalid point, but its not an overly smart one either.

I think that the teams would try and get optimal performance out of the electrical power units regardless of a fuel flow limit.

You have 30 something seconds per lap of available electric power. It is now preprogrammed rather than driver activated.

Theory would be that the quicker that you can reach a high speed then the lower the lap time. Therefore the most optimum time to use it is when accelerating out of slow speed corners. I guess the teams have a algorithm to use on every circuit to figure out the best possible use of the mixmaster.

I remember the radio calls last year telling the driver to try the kers in different parts of the circuit to gain an advantage over the car in front.

Anyway, looks like we'll see some wheels turning soon.

Yeah most likely the ERS wouldnt be to different regardless of fuel flow. But there may be more chance of it being used at higher rpm in the higher gears to make up that hp loss to get the top speed

It was just a guess, this is my first time watching it on tv so not sure how its used, do they have a graphic in the onboard shots for ERS use like the KERS bar?

they always seem to wait until the track's dry enough for inters. waste of time making wets and flying them all over the world.

As I watch the cars line up for Q2 all but one on full wets.... Lol.

Annnnnnd they decide it's too wet again.

Fkrs.

Wonder about all this electricity and rain. With all the failures, reckon these things are safe in the wet...?

It was just a guess, this is my first time watching it on tv so not sure how its used, do they have a graphic in the onboard shots for ERS use like the KERS bar?

Not that I am aware of. The cars that have a MFD on their steering wheel probably have a graphic somewhere, but because it is pre-programmed now I don't think the driver really needs that information.

Interesting to see just now the power difference between the Red Bull and the Williams. Ricciardo had good traction coming out of the final corner but still got chopped by 5-6 car lengths by the end of the straight. The Red Bull won't have a hope in hell when a MB powered car gets within DRS range.

Its a joke. No doubt Dan having another new meter installed yeserday could be polotics...but...

"We know Toro Rosso had two failures this morning. Sergio Perez's sensor failed for the entirety of the race and others were given other readings."

yet all those other teams 'played by the rules'...

Edited by hrd-hr30

Interesting to see just now the power difference between the Red Bull and the Williams. Ricciardo had good traction coming out of the final corner but still got chopped by 5-6 car lengths by the end of the straight. The Red Bull won't have a hope in hell when a MB powered car gets within DRS range.

THey were wheel to wheel until the line. I think Dan 'got out of it' like Brundle said.

This comes despite Red Bull estimating the sensor it had on its car in Melbourne was fluctuating by up to two per cent - which had a theoretical implication on laptime of three quarters of a second.

Fabrice Lom, who is head of the FIA's powertrain department, said: "We accept plus or minus 0.5 per cent [accuracy].

Your link doesn't support either assertion in that sentence...

Fabrice Lom also says: (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/113140)

"But there is never any question - if it is working correctly it is always accurate. That is what we have found so far.

"Sometimes there is a bit of a hiccup. You don't know why it has died yet, but you know immediately [that it has failed]. And it is very obvious."

Even at 0.5% thats still 0.185sec a lap from a silly meter error...oh and thats on the low side...if another car has a meter reading +.5% then they get 3/10 sec on you per lap.

Once again, that's why the sensors are individually calibrated against a standard bench meter and a correction offset applied, so all teams get the same mass flow and this situation does not exist.