SAU Community

My Bnr32 Build Date?

nltd

i am reading the pre 1989 scheme for NSW. jsut want confirmation if that vin number is the model year. or the actual build date? i understand the pre 89 scheme only applies to cars built before jan 1 1989

Edited by nltd

i am reading the pre 1989 scheme for NSW. jsut want confirmation if that vin number is the model year. or the actual build date? i understand the pre 89 scheme only applies to cars built before jan 1 1989

The link you posted above shows that the first cars were produced in August 1989 so unfortunately your car won't fall into any scheme that applies to cars built prior to 1 Jan 1989.

Please help

My engine has a plate showing "Chassis no : BNR32-001455"

this does not show up in the info shown in link below.

http://forums.nicoclub.com/nissan-skyline-gt-r-r32-production-dates-t569684.html

whats going onnnnn? :(

September, 1989.

vybg.jpg

As far as I'm aware there were no R32 GTR's built before Jan 89. Mine is build number 600 and something I think and was built in August 89.

Because the R32 GTR debuted in May 1989 and production would have started from then on.

some compliance places ive called asked when was it built etc. and that some r32's wont require a compliance plate. this is why im asking.

My compliance plate has gone missing. did not notice when i purchased car. didnt cross my mind as it was registered. its been unregistered while ive been building it and not upon getting my blue slip realised its not there. zzzz

some compliance places ive called asked when was it built etc. and that some r32's wont require a compliance plate. this is why im asking.

My compliance plate has gone missing. did not notice when i purchased car. didnt cross my mind as it was registered. its been unregistered while ive been building it and not upon getting my blue slip realised its not there. zzzz

If the car was brought in under the previous 15 year old rule, it won't have a "compliance" plate. It should have a second longer VIN number stamped somewhere in the engine bay if that's the case. That's all that should be required.

If car was brought in under the previous 15 year old rule, it won't have a "compliance" plate. It should have a second longer VIN number stamped somewhere on the engine bay if that's the case. That's all that should be required.

^^ This!

They would have just needed to add a few things on to comply to the 15 Year Old Rule SEVS Law and that will pass.

When the car was complied back in the day.

If the car was brought in under the previous 15 year old rule, it won't have a "compliance" plate. It should have a second longer VIN number stamped somewhere in the engine bay if that's the case. That's all that should be required.

This may have just made my week. I have a black plate with the 17 digit vin number next to the Blue nissan manufacturers plate. I hope this is it. fingers crossed. ive just spend so much money getting the car finished if it isnt gonna be registered im gonna be spewing.

This may have just made my week. I have a black plate with the 17 digit vin number next to the Blue nissan manufacturers plate. I hope this is it. fingers crossed. ive just spend so much money getting the car finished if it isnt gonna be registered im gonna be spewing.

Don't sweat it. Should be ok.

You can also contact DOTARS if you end up needing a copy of the import approval for your vehicle, although that full VIN should do fine.

#@Anfanee how is this possible?

im slightly confused.

refer to this article.

"

The "15" Years Rule - Vehicles manufactured before 1/1/1989

The 15 Year rule was significantly altered as of 11 May 2005. Under the ammended rule if you import a vehicle which was manufactured before 1 January 1989 then it doesn't come under the SEVS ruling and does not need to be complied by a RAW. The vehicle may be imported and modified under a different set of criteria, with an engineer providing a report which demonstrates that the vehicle complies to the ADRs that were applicable at the time the vehicle was manufactured. Generally compliance for importing cars under this scheme is relatively inexpensive."

Edited by nltd