SAU Community

Sprint Day - 2/02/14

t5iv

I have just submitted my membership app can I get in on this or have to wait for approval?

Jumped in to look at the applications and couldn't see yours there mate. Can you PM me if you have any questions. Thanks!

What time approx will the day finish as I have to fly back to work that evening?

Is it to late to enter or have all places been filled ?

Can I bring the misses and a m8 or do they pay entry fees as well?

What time approx will the day finish as I have to fly back to work that evening?

Is it to late to enter or have all places been filled ?

Can I bring the misses and a m8 or do they pay entry fees as well?

Finish around 5ish although you are welcome to leave earlier if need be.

Spectators don't need to pay. Spaces still available.

I have completed the application, awaiting reply along with my friend James . Looking forward to attending.

Email sent mate.

Sorry to anyone who hasn't received a message. I'm not getting notifications on my phone any more... :/ Where's our resident IT guy?

Ok guys just thought I would post up a check list of stuff you should inspect and if need be fix on your car before hitting the track.

Check all fluid levels, engine oil, gearbox oil, diff oil, radiator coolant, power steering fluid. Top up or change if it is due and make sure there are no leaks.

Check tyre pressure and inflate if necessary.

Make sure everything in your car is secured down and can’t come loose ie battery, speakers, sub box. Items that are loose in your car remove them at the race track, stuff like the spare tyre, tools. Less weight in the car means faster times.

Helmets – must comply with, or exceed, the standards AS1698, make sure it is in good condition as this is the only thing protecting your head.

AASA licence – You can either buy a day licence for $20 or a year one for $55, if you are going to 3 or more sprint events at either Queensland raceway or Lakeside park in the next 12 months it makes sense to the year licence.

The forms for the licence can be downloaded here http://qldraceways.com.au/files/00-5B0-5%20QR%20Licence%20Application%20ver2.pdf It would save you time to print and fill out the licence form before arriving at Queensland raceway.

Bring some zip ties lol. You will need these to attach your timing chip to your car.

The most important thing is go out there and have fun

• Like 1