SAU Community

Sau Nsw Bathurst 12 Hour Special Deal + Cruise

Aggroman

Here's a crappy picture of my car

IMAG0560.jpg

Possible to leave earlier for the cruise to Bathurst? Only because by the time we get there, we'll miss almost half the race :(.

I was thinking the same, Would be disappointing to get their and find the R35's crashed :wacko: or broken down and don't get to see it...

Yes so watch out :woot:

OooooK. Now I understand!

So, 40 years ago in the classroom,...

Teacher:- Now Brian, we have kids who want to be nurses, bankers, salesmen, doctors etc. We all want to know what you want to be when you grow up?

Brian:- I want to go into car insurance assessment

Teacher:- So is that why you smash your car into Sarah's tricycle each recess?

Brian:- I only want to see what can be fixed when her wheels fall off. Besides, when I'm older, I'll have bigger cars, I'll see bigger smashes - AND I GET PAID FOR IT :woot:

OooooK. Now I understand!

So, 40 years ago in the classroom,...

Teacher:- Now Brian, we have kids who want to be nurses, bankers, salesmen, doctors etc. We all want to know what you want to be when you grow up?

Brian:- I want to go into car insurance assessment

Teacher:- So is that why you smash your car into Sarah's tricycle each recess?

Brian:- I only want to see what can be fixed when her wheels fall off. Besides, when I'm older, I'll have bigger cars, I'll see bigger smashes - AND I GET PAID FOR IT :woot:

I wasn't around 40 years ago Terry or I have lost 8 years that I don't know about :woot:

On the web site the official cruise starts a 6am? I'm not fussed what time we leave as long its before 7ish & someone with a bull bar can lead the way don't want Skippy finding the front of the GTR

• Like 1

Keen as to attend.

I'll most likely go up sat and rent a room.

most of bathurst is sold out already.

its only a 2 hour driver, leave at 4 & you might just get the start if entry doesn't suck balls.

Booking link is broken Dave.

I'm a newbie to the Skyline scene, but my association with the Mountain and bikes goes back to the early '60's. I now have a 350GT; my recent intro post can be found in the newbie's thread of the V35's. I guess not the "real thing" as far as Skylines go - hey it's an oldies cruiser and an oldie I am. Just thought I'd sus out the interest in this event on this site, and am suprised there is presently so little??

My plan is to drive up on Frid and camp. However, I'm being a bit of a wuss and watching the forecasts. Hopefully there will still be a camp spot available early Mon when the 7 day forecast is revealed, and is hopefully found to be suitable. Seems to be warming up on Frid at this stage. My desire could wane if it's forecast to be in the high 30's+ on Sunday.

Can't speak from first hand experience, it may not be news, and not even applicable to this event, but I've heard that it can take hrs waiting to get through the gates into the V8's, as a consequence of the security checking and the numbers involved

cruise details will be up tomorrow but the jist is the follows.

Meetup Penrith Panthers carpark (next to McDonalds) on Mulgoa Road, Penrith

Meetup at 4:30am to coffee up and say hi etc

Depending on if we need a stop halfway we will stop for 15 mins at Blackheath or Lithgow to stretch legs and bathroom

Leave 5am sharp and head up Great Western Hwy Just past Lithgow then jumping into Batshurst after 2hrs of hopefully no traffic

then ill lead everyone into the designated parking spots and we can all go get setup opposite pit straight and enjoy the festivities

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• For sure, bromance with common shit box interests.
    • People like Johnny Dose Bro might be laughing at my post because I accidentally added 100mm to my numbers. 350-355 is indeed the lower limit. 450 is off-road Skyline spec.
    • What is the "compromise" that you think will happen? Are you thinking that something will get damaged? The only things you have to be concerned about with spherical jointed suspension arms are; Arguments with the constabulary wrt their legality (they are likely to be illegal for road use without an engineering certificatation, and that may not be possible to obtain). A lot more NVH transmitted through to the passengers (which is hardly a concern for those with a preference for good handling, anyway). Greatly increased inspection and maintenance requirements (see above points, both).   It is extremely necessary to ask what car you are talking about. Your discussion on strut tops, for example, would be completely wrong for an R chassis, but be correct for an S chassis. R32s have specific problems that R33/4 do not have. Etc. I have hardened rubber bushes on upper rear control arms and traction rods. Adjustable length so as to be able to set both camber and bump steer. You cannot contemplate doing just the control arms and not the traction arms. And whatever bushing you have in one you should have in the other so that they have similar characteristics. Otherwise you can get increased oddness of behaviour as one bushing flexes and the other doesn't, changing the alignment between them. I have stock lower rear arms with urethane bushes. I may make changes here, these are are driven by the R32's geometry problems, so I won't discuss them here unless it proves necessary. I have spherical joints in the front caster rods. I have experienced absolutely no negatives and only positives from doing so. They are massively better than any other option. I have sphericals in the FUCAs, but this is driven largely by the (again) R32 specific problems with the motion of those arms. I just have to deal with the increased maintenance required. Given how much better the front end behaves with the sphericals in there.....I'd probably be tempted to go away from my preference (which is not to have sphericals on a road car, for 2 of the 3 reasons in the bulleted list above), just to gain those improvements. And so my preference for not using sphericals (in general) on a road car should be obvious. I use them judiciously, though, as required to solve particular problems.
    • Aren't we already on one? SAU unforgettable bromance.
    • Easiest way to know is to break out the multimeter and measure it when cold, then measure all the resistances again once it gets hot enough to misfire. Both the original ignitor and the J Replace version. Factory service manual will have the spec for the terminal measurements.