SAU Community

Can Anyone Guess How Wide These Rims Are?

Hi guys, bought a set of Panasport G7 C5C's off Yahoo Japan through Import Monster.

Managed to be a decent price, with the only caveat being no one could tell me how wide the rims are. They're off a 32 GTR so I'm not worried about off set or them being staggered, but I'm trying to source some tyres while I wait til they arrive, and I can't buy tyres until I know what size they are. Hence the thread.

Form the photos below, can anyone here reliably guess what size they are? They have 245/40/18 tyres so they must be at least 9" right? Any chance they are 10'? Anyway check them out and let me know what you think.

post-39106-0-31976500-1392002740_thumb.jpg

post-39106-0-41191300-1392002742_thumb.jpg

post-39106-0-92182300-1392002743_thumb.jpg

post-39106-0-04429600-1392002745_thumb.jpg

Could be the angle of the photo, but it looks like there is small tyre stretch, so they COULD be 10".

Unless someone has the exact wheels or you're able to track down the specs online, might have to wait for them to land before hitting it up with the tape measure.

What specs would I be looking for? I'm pretty sure they came out in at least 9's & 10's. Would you bother stretching a 245 on a 10'?

Would it be risky buying a set of 295's?

Honestly, I'm not sure what tyre profile GTRs run so hopefully someone else with a GTR can help you on that front.

Just from the pics, they do look like a small stretch and at the end of the day, it's possible someone might have gone undersized for whatever reason.

Personally, I'd wait till they land. Nothing worse than buying tyres that aren't gonna work and then shelling out more cash for tyres that will. Besides, they're not gonna be a hard-to-get tyre so should be able to drive down to the local tyre joint and get them sorted.

If i was to guess id say they are 9 inch rims as a 245 tyre would have more stretch on a 10 inch rim than what it appears to have.

I agree with this. Maybe even 8.5 imo.

245's on 9in vskf's on wifey's zed look to have more stretch than these do.

Definitely 9" at minimum. Possible they could be 9.5"? The angle of the tyre's sidewall is close to how a 235/45R17 S-Drive fits on my 9" rims. They don't look to be 10" wide though.

EDIT: Using a tyres width to judge wheel width is pretty useless as they can vary up to about 10mm in width across manufacturers...

Edited by colourclassic

Im running 9.5" TE37s with 255 Nitto semis right now, and have used 255 Toyo semis in the past and they seem to be a great fit.

Pretty flush side wall. So a 265 should be all good.

Im running 9.5" TE37s with 255 Nitto semis right now, and have used 255 Toyo semis in the past and they seem to be a great fit.

Pretty flush side wall. So a 265 should be all good.

Nt01's? what did you think of them?

Nt01's? what did you think of them?

I havent had a chance to really give them a good run. Need to sort out a few little issues before i give it a day on the track. Then Ill really see how they perform.