SAU Community

Is Revving Up To 3000 Rpm Too Much For My Auto R34 Gtt

I did took it to a mechanic 1 month ago and said the same thing, they said theres nothing wrong with it even using the computer it indicated theres nothing weird at all. I am only aware this car only has spiltfire coils, K&N air filter, turbo timer as i got this car only last year.

Must be my driving i suppose.

Is the place to measure the boost leak in front of the driver near the oil filter that is covered by a small black tip to put a gauge in?

If so the mechanic also measure it with his gauge and it indicated no leaks at all.

3000rpm really shouldn't be causeing issues, especially in a 34. General driving I've found my 33 GTST is most fuel economical driving at 3000-3500rpm marks. My Bluebird is similar story and has no issues going well above the 3000rpm mark both cars have 20yr old never rebuilt engines in them. Odd with the fuel smell etc, my 33 is always fuelie but is in desperate need of a tune. Possibly might not hurt to take it to another mechanic just for the sake of a second opinion.

@ Anfanee: Well i don't really know cause i just got this car last year and it came with it, but i cleaned it 1 month ago using K&N oil filter cleaning kit and it looks how it suppose to.

Edited by Elegant Skyline

Rev it hard.

If it blows up it was a shit engine and you didnt want it anyway , unless you do want a shit engine, which would be weird. (But make sense at the same time as this thread is weird)

the biggest problem is you have an oil filter, it restricts the engine and makes it less fuel efficient around the 3300rpm mark

take that pesky thing off and let it free flow, you will gain around 4L of fuel around 100km and increase of around 30whp

#@Elegant Skyline

It will not break the car reving it past 3000rpm when taking off from the lights to keep up with traffic.

So don't worry about that honestly, these engines have had farrrr worse treatment and have been able to handle it.

If you are looking for better fuel economy then maybe start with how much you are currently using.

How many Km would you get from 50L or fuel and we can tell you if it's bad or just a normal skyline.

Then you can start crossing things off the list below and try improve it.

Clean your AFM

Replace your O2 sensor

Check for boost leaks

These are just to name a few things to start with.

If you don't understand what the above are then I suggest doing a search in google or taking the car to a mechanic to get them done.

Cheers