SAU Community

Why Do People Get All Butthurt When They See Or Hear Someone Who Puts On A Gtr Badge

I bet ya don't see VLs with Nissan badges :)

Well I dont think anyone really aspires to owning a Nissan. A GTR maybe and some of 4WD types like the Patrol but the Nissan badge itself, na. Far too many cod ordinary cars over too many years to establish any of the things the marketing types like to think the "brand" represents.

If you dont believe me check the number of GTR's with the Nissan badges removed....

Well I dont think anyone really aspires to owning a Nissan. A GTR maybe and some of 4WD types like the Patrol but the Nissan badge itself, na. Far too many cod ordinary cars over too many years to establish any of the things the marketing types like to think the "brand" represents.

If you dont believe me check the number of GTR's with the Nissan badges removed....

GTRs with badges removed? why? are they embarrassed?

I know I laugh at V6 commonwhores with chev badges, but chev badge on a chev powered car personally I have no issues with cause that is basically what it is

If you ever went to the middle East then you'd laugh a whole lot then, as the commodore is sold there as a Chev, not a holden.

If you ever went to the middle East then you'd laugh a whole lot then, as the commodore is sold there as a Chev, not a holden.

Wait, what, they export the V6 pos for the rest of the world to see, thank fcuk they call it a chev distancing us from it :)

Probably trying to avoid unwanted attention (every knucklehead trying to race them)

I've had my 32 since 2002 and I've had all manner of shit box try and race me, at one point I was going to put a GTS-4 badge on it but then I realised I should be proud of what my car is and just give the wannabes the bird and move on with my day

I bet ya don't see VLs with Nissan badges :)

There used to be a Vl non-turbo in Ballarat that had one of those massive nismo front windscreen sticker/decal on the bonnet. :domokun:

Wait, what, they export the V6 pos for the rest of the world to see, thank fcuk they call it a chev distancing us from it :)

Despite the usual hate on forums like this for local made stuff, the new stuff is actually very good for what it is. Certainly much better than what they are given credit for.

I have 2 Toyotas. :D

I also have Sony xplod stereo, may swap for jiz seat

Star wars ..Kinugawa turbo aren't even made In china you idiot...

Sorry they are made in Taiwan (like that makes it any better somehow), according to china taiwan is part of china and since im a chinese nationalist that supports the one-china policy Kinugawa is hence a chinese turbo, So please refrain from your insults Artz. Inb4 political debate.

Furthermore there has been a thread about these turbo's on SAU somewhere, where a vendor selling these turbo's has even expressed

concerns about sloppy quality control. Classic issue with parts come out of that region, the japanese got quality control down a decade ago

China and taiwan are still learning and catching up.

Edited by starwarz

& the current VF commodore SS is sold as the Chevy SS in the states.

Edited by Mayuri Krab

Despite the usual hate on forums like this for local made stuff, the new stuff is actually very good for what it is. Certainly much better than what they are given credit for.

Haha yeah I'm shit stiring, my sister inlaw just bought a brand new SSV ute with the six speed manual and other then the shity clutch, I was quite impressed with how far they have come, my father inlaw has a 2002 SS ute and I think that is a massive POS

Haha yeah I'm shit stiring, my sister inlaw just bought a brand new SSV ute with the six speed manual and other then the shity clutch, I was quite impressed with how far they have come, my father inlaw has a 2002 SS ute and I think that is a massive POS

That shitty clutch is still light years ahead of the cable they were using even in the VS series. And the VU is regarded as one of the best looking commodore utes made. Try and pick up a VU maloo for cheap.

as in new holdens? Good?

They are cheaply made, they rattle left right and centre, and then they slap the price they do on them..

100k for a new GTS? get f**ked holden.

And they wonder why the factories are shutting down.

Edited by Anfanee
  • Like 1