SAU Community

Easter Cruise, Sunday 20Th April 2014

Cadmoon

Scouting run was good.

Roads are ok.

Most are old and pot holes refilled

rajab help us if it rains though

pfft, rain makes it interesting, like the last time we out there.

Bahaha well played! Haven't seen that one before. Lets hope this cyclone clears otherwise the rain is going to cause havoc.

If the rain is too bad we may have to just highway crawl down and have lunch. The mountain will be too dangerous if it's pissing down.

If the rain is too bad we may have to just highway crawl down and have lunch. The mountain will be too dangerous if it's pissing down.

all of this ^

There are some 80kph limits towards the southern end of the mountain and Mike and I were 'seriously wtf' about that?

Considering how tight and twisty it is and add very old (banged up) bitumen, any form of wet weather will make that part of the mountain super treacherous and unforgiving

I wouldn't go all kneejerk about a little bit of rain that ye have been having today, it'll clear up tommorow and then you've got 5 full days for it to dry out..

No decisions will be made until the day. I'm fairly confident we'll be fine, just depends how long tail end of this cyclone hangs around.

are there any evos or z cars attending?,looks like a good group of cars are going.

Might have a couple of Z's but none confirmed, I've invited the Evo guys along but haven't heard anything yet.

It might just be because my skyline is mostly stock, but last time I went up Springbrook Rd (from Mudgeeraba) in the rain it wasn't a problem, even with old tyres (mostly light rain, but it varied) along with Pine Creed Rd and Nerang-Murwillumbah Rd is like a highway.

Or is the concern the NSW downhill section?

If the rain is good over Springbrook this week, I might have to head back to Brisbane via Nerang-Murwillumbah Rd so I can make a stop at the Springbrook Natural Bridge, instead of going back via the Motorway. Doubt I'll be bothered enough to go all the way back into Springbrook National Park to check out Purlingbrook Falls.

Edited by Terror

Yah the problem is the downhill section in Nsw. I know that most of the drivers coming will be fine with some rain and slippery conditions but as an exec we need to consider everyone. I would rather change the rout or the date and have everyone sane than take to much of a risk and lose a car or have someone injured.

Having said that, the train will have to be fairly heavy for that to happen.

• Like 1