SAU Community

Accidental Custom Front Bumper

killeran

So this is what my car looked like the day I bought it, complete with Dolphin body kit :)

20130802_153523_zpsd9a3c3d2.jpg

Yep nice and clean, note the ACT plates (you guys have lovely roads).

Well this was very short-lived, after introducing the Stagea to the 'fantastic' roads we have to offer in NSW it wasn't long until it was copping a few bumps and scrapes.

Then one dark night a chopped up drum of some kind was left in the middle of the road in an 80km/h zone which fatefully met with my front bumper causing much damage and distress.

IMAG0231_zps1341c80d.jpg

It wasn't a good look, but I didn't want to spend the time and money fixing it with the thought that somewhere down the track it might happen again.

IMAG0196_zpsf3d14902.jpg

So I thought why not clean it up and create a custom front bumper! I was forced to drive around for about a week without a front bumper since I was having problems with my forester... and somehow escaping the glares of about 6 cop cars we made it without incident and re-attached the bumper today!

IMAG0229_zpse25c6f36.jpg

I've grown fond of the look (although my black FM Intercooler is now a bit visible), what does SAU think?

my first thought was thats sucks, id be pissed if that happened to my car!!!
second thought, you can now cruise round vl calais style...

personally im not a huge fan of it, i dont hate it though.... but end of the day, if you like it then its all good :D

Edited by MatthewT85

IMAG0231_zps1341c80d.jpg

Your look is hilarious.

Your intercooler should have the same kind of sad face too; as the amount of air that will now completely avoid going through the core is quite surprising.

If I were you I'd be saving for a new bar.