SAU Community

Rb25De Engine Bay

Turbos, turbos make things interesting.

But seriously, engine dress up on a N/A car is pretty much rice, no point. Just clean it up, make them rockers nice and shiny to increase resale value, resulting in more cash for when you do get to choo choo :)

....keep the bonnet shut. Done!

But seriously maybe clean your engine bay, maybe some new black hoses make it look as new as possible.

I'd rather see a nice clean engine bay then some riced up colourful, bling-bling engine bay.

Other then that go with post #2 bitches love jigsaw puzzles

• Like 1

haha brilliant ideas :P

yeah i've been looking into some new hoses and maybe an alloy intake pipe.

think painting the rocker covers is a waste?

thanks dudes

Use genuine rubber hoses, the silicone ones are very cheap and are fine for intercooler and intake piping but often get pin hole leaks when you use them for coolant.

When I had my engine out the block was acid dipped then bored 40thou, honed and decked then sprayed black. All new welsh plugs and every hose in the engine bay with a new genuine part (coolant, fuel, vac and blow by), had the sump (acid dipped), head rebuilt and cleaned and the intake manifold.
Then replaced all the bolts and studs on the engine with new genuine ones, new coil pack cover, polished the rocker covers like a mirror (paint flakes or chips of easy) and added an alloy radiator and extractors heat wrapped. I made it look good as new with the exception of the alloy parts, a pod filter and extractors.

That's as good as its going to get with a N/A

Use genuine rubber hoses, the silicone ones are very cheap and are fine for intercooler and intake piping but often get pin hole leaks when you use them for coolant.

When I had my engine out the block was acid dipped then bored 40thou, honed and decked then sprayed black. All new welsh plugs and every hose in the engine bay with a new genuine part (coolant, fuel, vac and blow by), had the sump (acid dipped), head rebuilt and cleaned and the intake manifold.

Then replaced all the bolts and studs on the engine with new genuine ones, new coil pack cover, polished the rocker covers like a mirror (paint flakes or chips of easy) and added an alloy radiator and extractors heat wrapped. I made it look good as new with the exception of the alloy parts, a pod filter and extractors.

That's as good as its going to get with a N/A

whoa that's awesome, please tell me you have pictures haha