SAU Community

R32 Gtr Suspension Update? Not Sure What To Swap/change/upgrade.

-Tom

Hello, so after a bit of lowering (BC BR coilovers) my R32 seems to have suffered from some negative camber in the rears. I took it in for an alignment and apparently my bushes are worn so it couldn't be done properly.

Just wondering which bits and pieces should receive attention first as I don't think any of it has been touched over the past 20 years.

i.e. Rear adjustable camber arms for the camber, subframe bushes, other bushes?

I'm not looking to spend a huge amount but I'm willing to update the suspension components that need it most. Any help would be great.

The more you lower the more neg camber you'll get. You'll need to add some more adjustability to compensate. The rear has two upper control arms each side, so i'm guessing you'd need 4 sets of adjustable bushes if you choose to go that way. Whiteline make them (and possibly others). Suggest you ask for a suspension shop recommendation in the Vic section and just take it to them to sort out.

Um......many threads on this topic.

Yeah, but people are always happy to have more threads on the same shit. Spread all of the valuable information over multiple threads so the only way to get more information is to start another thread, thus the cycle continues.

Um......many threads on this topic.

Yeah, but people are always happy to have more threads on the same shit. Spread all of the valuable information over multiple threads so the only way to get more information is to start another thread, thus the cycle continues.

I couldn't actually find a thread where it detailed what exactly can/needs to be upgraded and in what order since I just want to refresh the suspension and not drop a bomb on it in one go.

If you could direct me towards these existing threads that'd be nice.

The more you lower the more neg camber you'll get. You'll need to add some more adjustability to compensate. The rear has two upper control arms each side, so i'm guessing you'd need 4 sets of adjustable bushes if you choose to go that way. Whiteline make them (and possibly others). Suggest you ask for a suspension shop recommendation in the Vic section and just take it to them to sort out.

Thanks Adam, seems like I might have to do this.

^^ pretty much. Upper arms f+r and do the bushes that were recomended by the wheel aligner first.....

Hopefully you know what most of this means if not google will help.

And you said about not finding a thread? This is exactly the same as this one you started

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/384059-r32-gtr-toe/

Throw some adjustable rear upper arms to dial out the camber, then save up and do the rest of the bushes.

^^ pretty much. Upper arms f+r and do the bushes that were recomended by the wheel aligner first.....

Hopefully you know what most of this means if not google will help.

And you said about not finding a thread? This is exactly the same as this one you started

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/384059-r32-gtr-toe/

Thanks that's what I was looking for. Just didn't know what jargon to search