SAU Community

Mattz 96 33Gtst Build

So looked into it a bit more. pretty much my best bet living down here in Victoria is getting a gt3076r lowmount or SS2 hypergear. pretty keen on the 3076r though.

Pretty much dont wanna get hassled by cops. So my best bet si to keep it safe as itll be my daily driver. just wish modification laws werent so god damn strict.

Got this whole week off so gonna be doing alot of internet surfing for parts ect. haha. and putting in my radiator this weekend and polish it up a bit.

Sorry for alot of spam. but want to know a supplier that woudl supply a garret gt3076r turbo with the IW 5 bolt flange. as ive seen the cheaper ones are restrictive of power due to cheap housings ect. ?

to be honest. dont really want to go e85 would prefer staying with bp98(fuel card purposes)

And dont really wanna spend the type of money on my current turbo to send of to just get highflowed. would rather spend that on a new low mount setup. as ive seen some promsiing hypergear results. but also disappointing ones for the cost you spend. really wouldnt mind just talking to a tuner thats very familiar with rb25dets in my area. much easier to talk in person to.

If you want internal wastegate go hypergear 3076iw has seen limited results, nistune for the ecu..

These are the cheaper end of reliable mods...

If you use the Pfc you dont have to have or use the hand controller btw

Read sau for all the info you need and to even find a tuner, you may have to travel for a decent tuner who knows RBs.

Have you thought about giving Chequered Tuning a call?

I'd also give Hypergear a call and have a quick chat. You might be surprised at what you can do with an internally gated low mount on 98.

emailed chequred tuning. also emailed racepace as ive heard alot about them and i found out there only 20 minutes away from me in bayswater. so sent him an email yesterday. if he doesnt reply will be giving them a ring sometime this week.

but from what ive heard and all the threads on racepace think ive found the tuner.

So got in contact with racepace in bayswater. apparently the well known tuner who used to work for them known as Ben has retired. and been taken over by a guy called Chris. sounds very friendly and also worked along side ben for many years.

Going to be going in for a face to face talk on the weekend. but mroe than likely first on the cards.
044 255lph walbro fuel pump
Set of new splitfires to fix my missfire issue
and source out a Power FC.

If anyone knows of one selling one please PM me.

the only cheap ebay gear ive looked at was a forward facing plenum :S hahaha

Im not going to go cheap on fuel turbo or ecu control. so im happy with whatever he wants em to get.

But id love to get a plazmaman forward facing plenum. if only they were cheaper. i want that clean engine bay look. and this stok plenum isnt cutting it haha.

but i dont think ill be getting any cheap gear. apart from my alloy radiator its an unknown brand and i got it cheap so meh haha. oh and my boost guage. Saas brand. but i only wanted a more accurate one than the stock guage so i didnt wanna spend 100s on a boost guage that does the same thing. its mechanical aswell. prefer that over the electrical guages. just feels more

but ive just got to really think what i want out of the car and put it all down on paper and get everything at once and get the right thing. i dont wanna have to buy one thing then find out i shoulda got this other. ect ect. so this builds not gonna be quick. but atleast in the end itll hopefully be a very nice engine bay with reasonable power to back it up. and a nice exterior. i got a year to do this so in no rush at all.

and getting the splitfires instead of oem. is because i first wanted them. and now this tuners suggests them also. so thaught i better go with what hes said.

ummm quick question
20140426_153304_zps2f6bb3de.jpg

The big black canister with 3 lines going to it on the passanger side. is this my carbon canister? if so why so big? can i remove this? do cops know to look for this?
In tutorials of removing carbon canister pictures i see are a little similar thing but much smaller up near the radiator. is this just the S2 version of a Carbon canister?

I put my carbon canister to under the drivers guard towards the front, fits fine is out of the way and is all plumbed up the same...

Yep mine is that big, the lines reach and its outta the way then... And probably the only thing left on mine that complies... Lol

• 2 weeks later...

So today i finally got round to doing my 42 mm radiator with the new blue silicone hoses and my Turbo smart boost tee.

So this is the engine bay before hand.

20140608_111529_zpsa0564cf0.jpg

First off i undone both the Hoses and undone the Top radiator mounting brackets which i later on decided to spray paint silver just to neaten up a bit as they were dirty and looking tacky.
i found undoing the Top Brackets and undoing the 2 Hoses of th engine then undoing the 4 nuts holding the fan assembly on and pulling all out together was the easiest option for removal of the radiator. set up the new one on the ground in front. flushed out my engine. not fully though as i know theres a bung on passenger side to undo. but i didn't do this

I replaced my current fluid with new Nulon concentrated coolant. i mixed it around 35% coolant to 65% water.

Heres a photo of the clamps sprayed quickly with silver.

20140608_122547_zps5b387b29.jpg

And heres just a final shot of the engine bay. i must say it makes it look 10x better than before but still has alot of work to be done.Must say thanks to my girlfriend for re polishing the new radiator. as it was a second hand one i got form a mate who upgraded to a 52 50? mm one. not sure why btu oh well :D
Got a couple of goodies planned for the next few months so keep watching.

20140608_125309_zpsa2b71d18.jpg

P.S

The Boost Tee i set to just 7PSI for now until i get my turbo back exhaust and new coilpacks sorted out. dont wanna run any more PSI with a missfire. even though i dont drive it that often atm.

Also been contemplating with my suspension setup. as drag days are so much cheaper and common than track days i was thinking of doing a drag suspension setup. ive heard stock coils in the rear are ideal. and also these pineapple sub frame bushes? help with squating and displacing the power correctly? any coilovers people suggest that are made for this situation. yet good for general driving use also?

Don't bother with coilovers if you want to run decent times down the 1/4 and drive it on the street. Just replace your old shocks or leave them if they're fine.

Pineapple's are a good idea and will make the rear feel a little more solid.

• 1 month later...

So not much new has happend as of yet. been just very buisy at work. and waiting for my tax money to come in.

Fixed my missfire problem at 4000 ish rps under boost. or heavy load. baught a set of cheap s2 coilpacks and a new AFM put both on and did no test inbetween but one of them seems to have fixed the problem. doubt ti was AFM though as both the filaments inside seemed all good.

After doing so was only one at work and was wet so couldn't resist a proper quick test here is a video.

Watch in HQ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9h1LfllJjE&list=UUFx6Ikd8v828_Gi0kVh94Dw

Now dont judge as i havnt driven this skyline nor any other high powerd car before that much expecially in the wet. but thaught id give it a crack. just a doughnut nothing special. haha.

In the near future once tax man gives me my money.

Going to be looking at getting a return flow FMIC and also redo all the IN BAY intake and intercooler piping to neaten it up a bit. then also get a power FC for when i want to sort out a tune in the futre. also getting a front and dump pipe with a cat.

Been told best option is a bellmouth front pipe as the splits dont seem to be as good according to some people. but who nows. so ill be getting a bellmouth setup. then after that who knows what will happen. been looking at lots of turbo options from HKS to garret and (just gone blank) those high flow turbo mobs.

Nothing to exciting compared to some other builds. but seeing as so many skylines/jap cars ive seen lately have been getting stolen and what not. even though my car is secured rather well i must say. i got installed full central locking, Alarm with immobilizer put intoday done by

Equipped Vehicle Security. Done a brilliant job and very happy with his work. and didnt cost an arm adn a leg either.

Also got him to put in just a cheap headunit i got with the car and a new cigarette lighter. as i had nothing there if you guys remember this car had been broken into before purchase.

So atleast my interior looks a bit more cleaner now. until i can afford a double din. but that wont be for a while.

Anyway heres a picture Of my car on the day the guy took that he posts on his page to promote the work he does and what too.

10553864_748789938515671_675807044973852

• 2 weeks later...

Finally after a while got some goodies to go on the car.
Got a return flow front mount intercooler kit.
20140815_165022_zpsed8f0373.jpg

20140815_165236_zps751b6224.jpg

3 inch bell mouth front and dump pipe.
With also a stainless 3 inch hi flow cat on tis way should get that next week.

20140815_165111_zps62587426.jpg

Got a brand new set of Oem coilpacks coming next week also.

Got this fuel pump to replace my old standard one. ready for my future modifications when the time comes. had the choice of a 255 or this decided why not go this as the price wasn't that much different

20140815_165126_zps4dd5d0e7.jpg

Will be installing the front mount and fuel pump tomorrow. pictures to come. even though my page isn't getting any interest anyways. oh well :D