SAU Community

Mattz 96 33Gtst Build

• 3 weeks later...

i prefer function and form i really want to get a nice looking engine bay whilst makign the car as reliable and fun to drive as i can :D

Dont drive it enough to know man. thinking of taking it up to heathcote end of November to give it a run as my first time drag racing. so will be good to see how it goes :D.

i prefer function and form i really want to get a nice looking engine bay whilst makign the car as reliable and fun to drive as i can :D

Dont drive it enough to know man. thinking of taking it up to heathcote end of November to give it a run as my first time drag racing. so will be good to see how it goes :D.

Fair enough man. If you take it for a spirited drive and can report back re power gain that would be great

Cheers

Amir

Thanks for all the support guys.

Got a few more little updates. still not 100% sure on these rocker covers and timing belt cover colour but who knows maybe some more input or a suggestion on color. was thinking a gold?
Done all the vacuum lines in the bay on the weekend.

20141011_165048_zps0a9740f8.jpg

Also chucked in some stock front springs and shocks with new boots on them. sits much higher up but for now is more suitable until its registerd heres a pic.

20141011_163652_zps4cc3b501.jpg

Also in the first picture you will notice i polished the stainless pipes. come up not too bad.

whilst polishing i got the missus to wash the other car :D haha

20141005_155209_zps76248532.jpg

and heres a quick video of the car just a quick pull. not sure if this is half decent for a near stock car running stock boost just with a full exhaust and inter cooler. no tune either.
Thanks guys.

http://vid103.photobucket.com/albums/m147/Mathew_Zuydam/20140927_105536_zpsd1ab31b0.mp4

Hey guys another update just engine bay stuff.
So i mocked up and installed my Stainless Pod filter box. had to rotate the pipe of the intake pipe attached to my AFM to angel it down more but ended up pretty good. steel needs a good polish onnly quickly went over it on sunday to get all the protectives coating off.

First 2 pictures have the coating on.

IMG_3828_zpsb6a436d1.jpg

IMG_5569_zps50a25f68.jpg

And the next two are of after i quickly polished it only a 5 min polish didnt spend hardly any time on it.

20141018_113240_zps796ecad9.jpg

and the final one a bit further back.

20141018_113248_zps6d8d0ba6.jpg

Thaughts? :D still waiting for throttle body to pipe to come which si blue

Finally got my other blue hose. much nicer whats everyone think. plus anyone watch my video about how it goes? cheers

20141023_172719_zps76d88630.jpg

20141023_172725_zps40fd5236.jpg

Needs better polishing and im going to tackle the intake plenum maybe this weekend will post pictures on how i goo polishing it. cheers :D

Picked up some M spec skirts today heres just a trial fit got em for $50 still chasing r33 gtr style rear pods if anyone knows where i could get em from.

20141028_180557_zps90da6689.jpg

heres a pic of it mocked up on the car. looks good id say.

also when i get this thing ive order off ebay im going to do a write up on hwo to make a custom Front lip. should look good i hope.

also picking up a greddy oil catch can and a strut brace tomorrow. pics to come.

Nice base for a build mate. Personally i love the colour choice for the covers. Unfortunately I think with adding so much blue to the bay it takes away from it a bit and there is too many different colours going on there. If you replaced all the blue with new black it would have looked a bit cleaner. Though this is only my opinion and its your car and if you're happy with it then thats the main thing.

Air box looks like it will turn out really good too!

• Like 1

So today i quickly installed my sideskirts. until i get them painted and installed properly this will have to do. atleast its confirmed ive chosen the right skirts for what im planning. nice and simple.

I also installed the catch can kit i bought second hand today. Pretty sure its an empty tank so im going to be opening it up and putting stainless wool in there to better catch the oil. unless i find baffles ect are in there. wanted to keep it legal so tis still plumbed back into the intake side.

20141030_194435_zps73c37722.jpg

Not sure i like its position yet. or tis just the way the lines are. think i might get some new braided line and run them a bit differently but maybe leave it in the same spot. not sure if it looks right or not. maybe its just me. can anyone tell me what size they think this hose would be without measuring i am guessing it might be -10? ill measure tomorrow anyways and order in some new braided line.

Thaughts?

20141030_172124_zps758c771e.jpg

and yea now that im looking over it i thinki black would of come up alot cleaner than blue... oh well. i still got my black cooler pipe to throttle body. and can always buy new black vaccume line. and then of course radiator hose. well see :D

maybe someone can photoshop my engine bay with black hoses for me?

. I changed to the ls coils because my igniter shit itself so I decided I'd just get rid of it and get smart coils and I guess I was just bored and wanted something todo haha the harness needs to be modified to suit and an extra earth to the ls coils as they are 4 pin and the rb coils are a 3 pin didn't take me long to redo the full engine loom helps to be an auto sparky.

Helps? Mate I get shit faced all day and can still work it out five times over lol

So i think im neally done with neatening up my engine bay. maybe have 1 more good solid day of polishing and spray painting my strut brace support brackets purple liek the rocker covers and ill be done and its on to exterior mods. :D

Ended up buying a already polished intake manifold for only $50 so i put that on today. what a fun job that was only took em about a hour. But im very happy with the final resulrt. looks much better form when i first got it i think.

Final 3 pictures.

20141103_151419_zps4f48a219.jpg

20141103_151425_zps0cda3a65.jpg

20141103_151432_zpsde31e126.jpg

• 1 month later...