SAU Community

C34, Where To Mount 1/4 Din Ebc

woggin

Heya gents n gals,

Just after some advice regarding mounting of an ebc in my mates c34, am throwing a blitz dual SBC in and am looking at places to mount the controller in the car, a vac line has to go to the unit for boost reference, so got a keep that in mind.

I just can't find anywhere that's discreet and still visible.

Don't want it on the steering column, way too obvious, same on the dash, not very sleeper, down by the knees is a bit hard to view, and not much space since the brake release and coin tray are there.

Was thinking of dremeling out the ashtray and mounting it inside there, but it ts not very visible, was thinking inside the glovebox, like Velcro to the roof of it, but then u gota drive round with the glovebox open to see boost.....

So, I'd like suggestions and pics...got bout 12hours or so until i get to it... Hoping weather holds out and we make it to the motorplex with the new round of mods....

Done a bit of searching through the forums and couldn't find anything stag specific to this.

Cheers

I know its not in the dash, but I mounted mine on the top of the steering column in my Supra and on the Bottom side of my dashboard in my ER34.

In my 34 I had installed it in the small compartment on the lower right side of the dashboard. IDK if the C34 has that but if it does, my Profec fit perfectly, all I had to to was drill a small hole in the back for the wires.

Nissan_Skyline_ER34_Autolifers_12.jpg

Or you could mount in the position that the turbo timer is mounted in this celica. Clean accessible, but not clearly visible from outside the car.

Cocpit.JPG

Just my 2 cents. :)

c34 has the coin compartment on the lower rhs, theres a fuse box directly behind it, so my only concern is clearance, can i do it without kinking any of the lines, visibility is low there, but thats essentially where ive mounted my ebc in my aristo...

cant mount it as per celica due to the coin compartment handle being there...

thanks for the suggestions so far, keep it coming guys!

how do u manage that with the handbrake lever being there?

i ended up taking the latch off the coin compartment and mounting it on the door of the compartment, drilling holes for the wiring loom. somebody at sum point has used a silicon based cleaner on the trims tho, coz double sided tape doesnt stick, so will use some iso n clean the trims so the door stays shut on the compartment.

now the issue is the infamous stutter round 4-4.5k ony got to a peak of 8.9psi stutters like f*k, but clears out by 5ish like all other rb's do!

turned the boost controller off and its still running 6.9psi and still stuttering...my 2jz doesnt have these issues....

:rofl:

Edited by woggin

Had a look at the car today, its running iridium's at 1.1mm, so will b chucking sum coppers in there tomorrow and will gap them to .8

My mate is most unhappy to hear bout the ecu not liking boost. Splitfires seem to have a good reputation amongst rb ppls, so have recommended that to him too...

Money money money, I spent 4k on my car just recently, so I cant really comment...