SAU Community

Put Gtr34 Engine In

chrisbuzz

Hi Guys,

I had an Idea<---May be a stupid idea.

Put the GTR34 engine with 6 speeds gear in to Stagea RS4S.

Is it possable?

OR

Did someone did it already??

Thanks

Edited by chrisbuzz

Over here the 260RS are to be had for about $16000 these days so now cheaper than a conversion...and you could add a six speed box if you really want.

No.

Figure that out yourself.

Is this something you are considering or just a pipe dream?

Yes I am starting to plan it.

So would like to get more opinions from u guys.

It's been done before, I'm sure. Have a search on here, I know at least one person has looked into it before. From memory the R34 6speed needs a custom length tailshaft made up, and there might be a bit more custom work.

Gearbox mounts will be different - prop shaft will need work - you will need the ECU AND internal wiring loom that plugs into ECU , and the under bonnet wiring loom from R34 GTR as there are pin differences ! , the ECU from 34GTR will not fit Stagea ECU plug , GTR is blue plug and Stagea grey - you will need a bigger fuel pump - AND YOU WILL NEED BETTER BRAKES !!! MY GTR BRAKES WITH PROJECTMU PADS ARE STILL NOT ENOUGH !!

Here in UK we have a V8 Stagea - a 2.8 HKS stroker and a stock gearboxed 500BHP RB25DET - + some Autec`s

Its all been done before XCEPT 6 speed as far as i know ...

Gearbox mounts will be different - prop shaft will need work - you will need the ECU AND internal wiring loom that plugs into ECU , and the under bonnet wiring loom from R34 GTR as there are pin differences ! , the ECU from 34GTR will not fit Stagea ECU plug , GTR is blue plug and Stagea grey - you will need a bigger fuel pump - AND YOU WILL NEED BETTER BRAKES !!! MY GTR BRAKES WITH PROJECTMU PADS ARE STILL NOT ENOUGH !!

Here in UK we have a V8 Stagea - a 2.8 HKS stroker and a stock gearboxed 500BHP RB25DET - + some Autec`s

Its all been done before XCEPT 6 speed as far as i know ...

Thank you very much!

Big project...A lot of work need to do, if put the GTR engine in stagea.

I though just change the engine and Gearbox + some more.

The 6 speed is easy, but why would you want to get rid of VCT? You need every bit of response you can get in these heavy wagons. The RB25neo is a better engine overall.

Did you mean Rb25neo change the 5 speed greabox to 6 speed??

^^^^^^^ lol ^^^^^^^ street cred points add 10ths of a second!!! Yep 25 neo over 26 any day and a 25neo/30 over that ;)

RB owners will not be impressed with the fitting of a 26 in a stagea ! , as stated the NEO25 is a far superior engine when tuned - fitting twin turbo`s and a 6 speed gearbox is worth a silent nod !

a rear wheel drive stagea with over 250whp that can be driven in the wet and not crashed would also be impressive