SAU Community

Nistune And Stock Ecu Emmisions Drama R32 Gtr

Morning skyliners,

After some advice. I have an r32 gtr bought from Vic and looking to engineer it here in nsw.

I was asked to get an emmisions test as it is an r33 rb26.

With the nistune ecu and a 3.5in Zorst it was running 3x over the legal limit for emmisons (stock engine, factory injectors AFM 17psi boost)

I thought replacing the nistune with an r32 gtr stock ecu would run a factory tune. Emmisons was 10x over

Any one got any ideas. I am thinking put the nistune back in and get it dyno tuned back to a stock or more factory tune which will make it closer to the legal limits? Also getting a better cat.

Thanks in advance. I got a quote from a dyno tuner he said 3-4k including exhaust mods. Seems a bit exxy

you could lean on the tune a bit better and take the idle and cruise mixtures closer to 14.7...this will be easier to do with nistune and a good tuner....the stock ecu would do this on closed loop which can make it variable depending on how good your o2 sensors are.

3-4k is way over the top...... where are you located? happy to help. My tuner could re-adjust your cruise and idle mixtures on a road tune for $250.

I'd agree with above, just get it retuned, dial the boost way back, fix the afrs. But it is a good opportunity to do an e85 conversion.. :)

If your o2 sensors are shot, or the cat is aftermarket, or you have larger injectors, the stock ECU will be absolutely useless. Probably why you had the 10x emissions.

you have no choice, they control your car you don't control it

They don't boost it. I used the said method with a friends DE+T and it was said to be better than most econo cars with its result.

You really need a wide band to really know what's happening.

. not sure what functionality the trial version of nistune has.

Edit.

John beat me to it.

Apparently any consult cable should work,but Nistune can't guarantee it will.

Edited by Ben C34