SAU Community

Any Importers Here Recognize This Gt-R?

DN1097

first off... hello all. my first post. i have been a long time lurker here and i am just crawling out from under my rock now.

second... i am not from australia! sorry... i am actually from canada. we do have a forum http://www.gtrcanada.com but it is not as well established as SAU.

i am hoping an importer or someone here may have seen this car go through auction in the last 2 months:

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/ctd/4522279514.html

00404_boKmq3LufGE_600x450.jpg

00j0j_aPtb119nLyS_600x450.jpg

the dealer that is selling it is new, and they will not release the auction sheets or the japanese chassis number/vin unless it is a serious buyer. i am worried that this car may be misrepresented, as i was almost scammed before and now i am scared of anything RHD.

any help is appreciated.

the dealer told me the car has just landed here and is going through compliance right now so i cannot view it in person.

i thought at the very least i could do an odometer check online and go from there.

Edited by DN1097

an importer has come forward and he thinks it might be this one? if it is true, then it sold at auction for 3760 000 Yen ($40k CDN). he told me that if he were the one importing it landed cost after taxes in canada would put it around $50k cdn before compliance and markup.

can anyone translate the sheet? i only understand the grade 4.5, and the mileage indicated appears to be genuine and matches what is advertised?

post-135343-0-19682900-1404088753_thumb.jpg

post-135343-0-71332400-1404089691_thumb.jpg

Edited by DN1097

This car looks to be genuine as per the paperwork. If an importer has told you it would cost circa 50k landed excluding compliance, then theoretically $62k is not a bad 'retail' price, depending on what needs to be done for compliance (not too familiar with how stringent Canadian laws are). The way I've read the de-reg paper above there is some minor imperfections or repaired/repainted portion of the front right quarter panel, but I could be wrong? (year 12 Japanese class was a long time ago). If you'd like to buy a car at cost price then you'll be in need of a broker.

Good luck

This car looks to be genuine as per the paperwork. If an importer has told you it would cost circa 50k landed excluding compliance, then theoretically $62k is not a bad 'retail' price, depending on what needs to be done for compliance (not too familiar with how stringent Canadian laws are). The way I've read the de-reg paper above there is some minor imperfections or repaired/repainted portion of the front right quarter panel, but I could be wrong? (year 12 Japanese class was a long time ago). If you'd like to buy a car at cost price then you'll be in need of a broker.

Good luck

thank you for the translation.

compliance here is commonly described as a glorified safety inspection, from ensuring that the tyres are road legal, to worn ball joints. and issuing a new registration number. they will add daytime running lights and reflectors as per code here. there will be an emissions test as well. but as for other things like whether the transmission is grinding synchros or the turbos are blown is not their problem. we do allow aftermarket modifications like blowoff valves, exhaust systems, etc., but i am not looking to do heavy modifications and turn it into a money pit.

Edited by DN1097

...and he thinks it might be this one? ...

Is there a way Benjamin that you can cross-check the VIN# ???

How can they expect to sell a car "sight-unseen"?

You must have the right to check it for rust at the outset + 100 other things...

How can they deliberate who is a serious buyer? I would never give them a down payment or any other type of information which shows what money or assets i own for a piece of paper .

Also thinking and knowing that they are the papers for that car are two different things.

Just hang tight, and wait for your 'dealer' to get back to you. If they arent forthcoming and open to talk about the cars history and or whereabouts and for you to do what ever is necessary to proceed with making a large deposit, i would walk away.

There will always be another one.

Or pick one yourself and have the satisfaction that 'that one' is the one you've always wanted.

I must be missing something.

He said the dealer wouldn't release the vin or any details. And that sheet is what another dealer thinks the car might be.

another importer messaged me privately and said he saw what he thinks is this car go through auction recently and pulled the pictures and dug out the auction sheet for me. the one he found appears to have the same fog lights in the front bar, and in another picture i did not post, it has the same parking lot permit sticker in the corner of the glass. also, the mileage is close, so it is my assumption this is the same vehicle.

[edit]: someone on gtrcanada responded back with the same info.

sorry for the confusion.

Edited by DN1097

That sheet looks fairly legit to me - it says Prime Corner at the top, meaning the good stuff. If it's not legit, it's a very impressive fake.

thank you sir.

i might as well ask you here... do you offer your services to buyers outside of australia? i am from canada, and our 15 year old rule has now made the 1999MY GT-R valid for importation here. many of the local importers makes some of your local ones look like upstanding businesses so i'm forced to look outside of the box per se.

Edited by DN1097

Yes I'd seriously look at the yellow V-Spec. There's a whole lot of fruit on it. Even just one item - the titanium exhaust - is worth $2K. Contrary to the description of no lag, HKS 2530 can be a bit laggy but they are remarkable as they spool up.