SAU Community

Negatives With Stock Gtt With Electronic Boost Controller

Hi. I'm thinking about buying an apexi avcr and installing it into my fully stock, auto r34 gtt. Will I have any problems in doing this ? Will it cause my ecu to go crazy? Couldn't find any answers I'm looking for in the forums so if anyone knows about any harm this could cause it would be greatly appreciated !

Hi. I'm thinking about buying an apexi avcr and installing it into my fully stock, auto r34 gtt. Will I have any problems in doing this ? Will it cause my ecu to go crazy? Couldn't find any answers I'm looking for in the forums so if anyone knows about any harm this could cause it would be greatly appreciated !

Not trying hard enough. Quite probably the single most over asked and exasperating question on these forums ever. I personally have answered it more times than I can count, and I can count quite a lot.

Would a re4r01a shift kit work? I can't find any for re4r01b. If someone has a link to a cheap seller of this item as well it would be greatly appreciated

Nope.

Mv automatics.

I contacted mv and they said they could do it for me if I send them my valve bodies. I don't want to have to go to a mechanic and leave my undrivable car there for a week while my valve bodies are getting work done to them over east. Do you guys think it's a good and cost effective idea to remove them and do the work myself? Also to remove the tranny would I need a crane or would I need to jack the car up ?

Once again thanks for all the help I'm getting , I really appreciate it !!

It's a messy job.

Dropping the valve body isn't that hard, but you need to keep track of where all the bolts came from for when you reinstall everything, and there are a LOT of bolts.

Package it well, otherwise you will need another transmission.

I tried a bleed valve on my stock GTT and it really didn't achieve anything to run more boost. exhaust is restrictive and I'm pretty sure I logged it pulling timing out using ecutalk. There was a noticeable dead spot in the midrange. That was only a small boost gain too.

Gotta do the other breathing mods first (exhaust/FMIC). I will be going Adaptronic / hypergear high flow / ID1000 after that anyway. Wheeeeee! :)