SAU Community

Fatssv - Charged, Cammed, Bagged And "stanced"

Yes but the whole tough black wheel thing has been done to death. It really has that try hard look to it. People in the car scene are swinging more towards BBS & similar. Besides, those black wheels look soooooo heavy.

One thing we noticed was the side mirrors are just too big. Perhaps something from a different model. I have to wonder what would happen if, god forbid, you were to take the car to an airport runway and try a top speed run. :wacko:

Yes but the whole tough black wheel thing has been done to death. It really has that try hard look to it. People in the car scene are swinging more towards BBS & similar. Besides, those black wheels look soooooo heavy.

One thing we noticed was the side mirrors are just too big. Perhaps something from a different model. I have to wonder what would happen if, god forbid, you were to take the car to an airport runway and try a top speed run. :wacko:

i reckon replying about the black wheels has been done to death.

also something i noticed, stream line your posts, i wonder what would happen if god forbid, you got a tldr.

• Like 1

Sorry about triple post. From my end it wasn't going through. I have to think about what would it be like to have an engine like that in a 1400kg street skyline. Keep it quiet, no big cams or anything to give the game away. Even keep the auto box as less weight of the Skyline could make it last a bit longer. Not sure about the size of it fitting in the manual Skyline tunnel though.

Saw this running on the dyno at MPW a while back. Sounds tough.

Thanks mate, that was when it had just had the VCM-5 228/232 cam in it :)

Yeah, the black G8 wheels were heavy as shit! So glad I moved on from them now, as everyone is rolling on G8s now.

I never have nor will plan on taking the car down an airport runway so for the time being, the mirrors will stay haha

Those black wheels must of been made in Africa, because like most things black in Africa they had aids

LMAO!

Sorry about triple post. From my end it wasn't going through. I have to think about what would it be like to have an engine like that in a 1400kg street skyline. Keep it quiet, no big cams or anything to give the game away. Even keep the auto box as less weight of the Skyline could make it last a bit longer. Not sure about the size of it fitting in the manual Skyline tunnel though.

My engine/transmission combo in a 1400kg skyline would be amazing. Only problem is, you won't be able to pull the 400rwkw figure without the cam unfortunatley, as the standard cam in the L98 isn't the most suited for boosted applications. Don't get me wrong, the stock cam will still do a stellar job, just wouldn't be optimum.

Hey mate lovely cars you have. That r33 sure was sexy. Which front bumper did you have on it? It looks stock but isn't. Really love the looks of it.

Cheers mate. The front bar is an Explosive one:

http://www.jetspeed.com.au/product-detail.asp?productid=46&parentcategoryid=2&categoryid=11&makeid=1&modelid=37&cid=6&navid=6

How is the ride on the bags? im running coilovers in my ute atm and i do like it low. i have adjustment but i would like bags sometimes. does the ride and cornering suffer? ever take it through the hills?

IMG_2740.jpg

Great looking car and an awesome list of mods, well done. I have seen this around a while back, remember the plates.

The only thing I have against VE's is the weight, they're a porker so need lots of power to get them moving. I've gone from a 1680kg 293rw V2 Monaro to 1440kg 275rwkw R34 and the Skyline feels quicker, however nothing beats the angry sound of a headworked cammed V8 IMHO. The NA power delivery was sweet, too.

What kind of power figures were you running in the R33?

How is the ride on the bags? im running coilovers in my ute atm and i do like it low. i have adjustment but i would like bags sometimes. does the ride and cornering suffer? ever take it through the hills?

The ride on the bags are great! It has bags both front and rear and as long as you keep the pressures in them sensible, you couldn't pick them from a coilover setup. Having said that, it all comes down to the quality of the setup you go for also. I didn't get much change from $7k drive-in drive-out on my bag setup but totally worth it.

I've had lowered kings with monroe shocks, coilovers and then finally bags and can confidently say there hasn't been a noticable compromise in handling or comfort.

I haven't attacked any hills of late but with spirited driving through corners, the car feels jsut as predictable as when it was on coilovers.

Great looking car and an awesome list of mods, well done. I have seen this around a while back, remember the plates.

The only thing I have against VE's is the weight, they're a porker so need lots of power to get them moving. I've gone from a 1680kg 293rw V2 Monaro to 1440kg 275rwkw R34 and the Skyline feels quicker, however nothing beats the angry sound of a headworked cammed V8 IMHO. The NA power delivery was sweet, too.

What kind of power figures were you running in the R33?

Thanks mate! Yeah, they're pushing around 1800kg so you can definetly feel the weight. But throw in a windy day and that extra weight is a blessing haha

I was pushing a fraction over 300rwkw on 98, so that was good fun also :) as much as I love the sound of the 33 on gate, I'm totally addicted to the lumpy idle and supercharger whine in the SS-V now haha

• Like 1

Nothing really new, just getting the car out and about to enjoy the weather Melbourne has been experiencing lately. First off, the ECM cruise:

IMG_2914.jpg

IMG_2957.jpg

IMG_2911.jpg

IMG_2910.jpg

And finally, helping out a mate for his wedding:

IMG_2940.jpg

IMG_2934.jpg

IMG_2933.jpg

• 2 months later...

Have you taken this thing down the strip?

Not yet mate :( I'm more interested in Powercrusie type of events, but you never know, I might just take it for a blast down the quarter jsut to see what it'll do (with a set of sticky tyres preferbally).

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

attachicon.gifImageUploadedBySAU Community1422572427.991032.jpg

Spotto'd in the latest street commos :D

Hahaha, yep that's me! Was over the moon when I found out I was getting featured in Street Commodores. Means my 33 and now the SS-V are magazine cars hahaha

Small-ish update. Considering selling my Harrop supercharger setup for a twin turbo kit instead. Until I get a buyer, probably won't happen.

So fingers crossed someone wants a stealthy supercharger that'll push 400rwkw no worries, so I can get my TT happening! :D