SAU Community

Brad's Mad032 Rb26/30 Build

Its at all performance garage getting fab work done, heres some pics off his fb page. Change of plan on the tune as well going to be tuned at efi and going all out with a vipec or haltech not sure which yet but will speak to the tuner and pick one.

Wow looking awesome! And man yeah, that setup with a ViPEC would be pretty much getting into my perfect road car territory :D (possible with AWD, as even then traction loss would be a thing haha).

Cheers for the update :)

• 4 weeks later...

A bit of a update, still slowly coming along, southport exhaust done a absolute shit job and charged a arm and a leg for it so thats had to be fixed up. On a positive note santa wasn't to bad and left a nitto cam gear cover, cusco brake stopper, nismo clutch bracket and a haltech plug in, also got a puppy rottweiler.

post-7636-0-37274900-1419982626_thumb.jpg

post-7636-0-56445000-1419982637_thumb.jpg

post-7636-0-24313500-1419982647_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Gonna paint the bay? That chassis rail also looks a bit worse for wear. Gonna give the car some love or is it all engine?

Never been one for the show and shine side of things, car is being built for bulk skids not for picking up 16yo that like shiny things

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

That exhaust looks mint (as well as all the other fabrication), but I gotta ask, why no screamer? :P Haha. I'm sure it wouldn't be too loud lol.

Car looks great, going to be an epic street car, can't wait to hear it.

What happened to the gold cam covers?

That exhaust looks mint (as well as all the other fabrication), but I gotta ask, why no screamer? :P Haha. I'm sure it wouldn't be too loud lol.

Car looks great, going to be an epic street car, can't wait to hear it.

What happened to the gold cam covers?

Cheers mate, the wastegate pipe can be shifted to the left and i have a blanking plate for the vband on the dump pipe so can have the option of a screamer. Still have the gold cam covers but had these ones on while everything was being fitted up. Having dramas with removing the comp cover off the turbo. The fabricator is being a c*nt too and wants nothing to do with it which makes me think he's done something to it when welding the elbow on. One thing after another with this car. 3 workshops ive had dramas with now since building this car.

Which fabrication place is giving you troubles?

Mick from apg, his work looks good from a distance but so much was missed and he said he ran out of time but he had the car for 7 weeks, no beads on the end of cooler piping, no bracket for the oil catch can just jammed in between the headlight assembly and fuse box, fittings not welded on that i asked for. Too top it off i waited 2hrs on the day i told him to pick it up because he slept in then said i never told him i was going to be there, it was a Wednesday at 10 30 when he turned up too. He's not bad on the welder just a brain dead c*nt

So it lines up his intercooler pipe work like the first pic on this page. I don't know but thanks for the clarification on who you were talking about.

It's hard to find places that do quality work, on time for a good price. Never hard to find someone who will take ur money though lol.

Can i ask why ya trying to rotate the comp housing mate?

He left the core with the oil drain facing up, so thats not going to work. We tried to unbolt the comp cover to spin the core but its that tight it wont move. Mick told me the original o ring was split so he replaced it. I asked him what he did to it and he takes no responsibility which makes me think he's done something to it.

Took the turbo to mta on the gold coast and he removed the comp cover and showed me the o ring that the smoker fitted, was too big which jammed it tight also the wrong type which would have perished, another set back now waiting for the correct o ring from merica. Sick of paying brain dead c*nts when they obviously aren't up to the task

Sorry to hear dude :(

Its faaaaarkin hard finding decent workshops these days for some reason?

Shame ya weren't in Sydney i coulda sorted it out for ya ;)

Keep ya chin up mate you've come this far!

This thing is gunna soil undies!

Edited by Mick_o