SAU Community

Brad's Mad032 Rb26/30 Build

Doh - sortof, what kind of lift? I'd say they are probably a better match for the turbo and the rpm you sound like you will be spinning to... 272s would be what I'd be going for if I were running a Super94 RB30 :) I forget, are you going to push a bit of boost through it?

I am not sure you will be missing anything positive by having the 272s, aside from an angrier idle maybe! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok so the motor is finally getting shipped to me, anyone thinking of getting lewis engines to build you a motor all I will say here is pay a little more and go rips. Pm me for details. Anyway it should be here within a week and I just received my aftermarket Industries 5ltr surge tank with dual walbro 460 pumps and nitto gasket kit. The surge tank is apparently one of the first batch made and has taken a couple months of waiting and waiting. I was hoping this build would have been a lot quicker but I guess these things take time.

post-7636-0-25857200-1412731337_thumb.jpg

post-7636-0-85291500-1412731351_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

A few people keep asking how the car is coming along so i thought i might do a build thread on it. I bought the 32 late 2012 as a half finished project, it originaly was a 1989 gts4 but had a forged rb26 thrown in it and made rwd only. When i first got the car it needed a few things done as it was sitting around for a couple of years and the whole inside of the fuel tank had rusted and needed a good clean/flush out, new fuel pumps. I had it tuned at Next up performance in brissy and it made 460rwhp on 18pound. That sort of power was pretty fun and wasnt too laggy with a gt3582.

attachicon.gifIMG_0294.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0773.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0728.JPG

attachicon.gifFirst tune.jpg

This arrangment lasted for nearly a year then i spun a bearing when i was taking my missus for her first drive so i had to scare her, the oil pump didnt fail but it either didnt supply enough oil or the custom sump which was made for it wasnt designed to well. From there ive had the motor taken out and decided to go a 3ltr. I spoke to rips and Lewis engines in regards to a 3ltr and Rob from rips said it would be a 2-3 month wait for a motor and after speaking to Darren i decided to go with his torque monster bottom end and his ultimate 26 head. Its still yet to be finished but with 280 deg cams, 12mm lift and the rest in there she should make some decent power.

attachicon.gif20140528_104403.jpg

attachicon.gif20140528_114742.jpg

attachicon.gif20140528_114919.jpg

attachicon.gif20140528_114942.jpg

My turbo choice was made from watching 34GeeTeeTee's results and listening to what Lithium had to say about the forced performance range of turbo's and wanting to try somthing different that hasnt been done, well not that i have seen on a 26/30. I was looking at the HTA3794 but they had the super 94 on sale which is "like a 3794 hit the gym" as fp say on there website. I also bought a 60mm turbosmart powergate as i previously had a 48mm progate and couldnt fault it. Last for the hotside i bought another 6Boost manifold to suit the 26/30 with t4 divided flange and 60mm gate And will be going full 4" exhaust when its put back together.

attachicon.gif20140625_112010.jpg

attachicon.gif20140625_112310.jpg

attachicon.gif20140624_181152.jpg

From there ive bought some other bits a pieces, I bought a N1 bar with the lip from nissan for just over $700 delivered and I was chasing a set of 33 gtr wheels and i was quoted from Nissan $1700 plus gst each (lol) so I got a second hand set of wheels and had them painted and machined up at magit wheels on the gold coast, they turned out unreal and wrapped them in achilles 123's. Then i purchased some r34 gtt calipers and had them painted red and fitted with ebc pads, dba slotted rotors and HEL braided brake lines. See how these work otherwise some AP's or brembo's will be on the list.

attachicon.gifIMG_1058.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_1288.JPG

I just recieved this plenum from rips and the quality of their work is unreal, so nice just to look at. Few other things i have is HEL braided abs delete kit and clutch line, Koyo 53mm type r radiator to keep it cool. Ive ordered a 5ltr surge tank from Aftermarket Industries running two walbro 460 pumps and a walbro 255 pickup but they said thats still a couple of weeks away. There will always be more but thats all i can think of for now.

attachicon.gif20140818_164445.jpg

attachicon.gif20140818_163903.jpg

Lol i am a bit slow to come to the party... But AWESOME :woot:

Cheers guys, heres some more parts I got sitting around waiting and I just ordered a 4" cat and 4.5" muffler, was going to have 4" straight through but thought I should try and be a little bit responsible. 60mm gate should sound nuts though

post-7636-0-95325300-1412829620_thumb.jpg

post-7636-0-82821800-1412829633_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

No date booked yet but all goes well it should be within the next couple of weeks. The engine has pretty much just been bolted in so there's still the wiring, oil lines and a bit of stuffing around to do but hopefully there's no big delays. The guys at the exhaust shop were laughing when I said I wanted a 4" exhaust with a 60mm wastegate fitted all underneath and behind the turbo, there's not much room but I think they will fit it in there.

No date booked yet but all goes well it should be within the next couple of weeks. The engine has pretty much just been bolted in so there's still the wiring, oil lines and a bit of stuffing around to do but hopefully there's no big delays. The guys at the exhaust shop were laughing when I said I wanted a 4" exhaust with a 60mm wastegate fitted all underneath and behind the turbo, there's not much room but I think they will fit it in there.

Wow awesome, good progress! Looking good, it's still no wee baby by the looks. Good luck with the rest of the fabrication, hope they can sort something out :)

Exciting times!

Gavin Wood will be tuning it, im getting rid of the L Jetro and going D Jetro, I know its old school but it will still do what I want, also I just got called back to work so I wont be staying home for the next few weeks i'll be away so she will have to wait for a bit longer

• 3 weeks later...

Gavin Wood will be tuning it, im getting rid of the L Jetro and going D Jetro, I know its old school but it will still do what I want, also I just got called back to work so I wont be staying home for the next few weeks i'll be away so she will have to wait for a bit longer

Still, getting pretty close! Possibility it may be nearly running around the new year, you reckon? It's going to be a hell of a grumpy road car combo :D

Its at all performance garage getting fab work done, heres some pics off his fb page. Change of plan on the tune as well going to be tuned at efi and going all out with a vipec or haltech not sure which yet but will speak to the tuner and pick one.

post-7636-0-71739200-1417591375_thumb.png

post-7636-0-48192200-1417591560_thumb.png

post-7636-0-80490700-1417591636_thumb.png