SAU Community

Mount Panorama - Supersprints

timmy_89

Yep that's the layout. Here is a video showing exactly how it is run.

And this is one of my own videos showing how the Mountain Straight hill climb is run (however normally the lights are used but they were having technical difficulties on this run lol, hence the flag)

in the first vid, why was the leading car going so slow at the corners when they came around, and the other car next to him didnt catch up or overtake?

I see its a drag race on the straight pretty much, but if the car next to you is slower under braking or around the corner thats coming up, are you allowed to overtake?

lol we all see that track all the time with super cars and assume its pretty open...in reality the chase is blind, off camber and tight...

anyway, its a super sprint not a race; so generally well signalled overtaking is OK, even in corners. But not banging panels or running the other car out of road

yea fair enough, i just never seen supersprint where they take off at same time... and just curious what would happen if it was neck to neck and corner coming. Id be afraid just the same of someone hitting my car.

Wouldnt it be safer if one leaves 10sec later!

Hillclimb looks like more fun. When do they run that?

Speed Weekend has supersprints on one day and hill climb the other. I think thats the last hill climb at Bathurst for this year from memory.

Good spot.

For those that are interested, here are the two forms for the Speed Weekend event. Supersprint on Saturday 29th Nov. Hill climb on Sunday 30th Nov. In regards to the relaying of the road where it started to rip up, BLCC has been advised by council that the repairs will be completed prior to the hill climb, however, if this is delayed, etc, the hill climbs will become be moved to the Esses.

http://bathurstlightcarclub.com.au/wp-content/uploads/SSprint-Supp-Regs-Entry-29-11-14.pdf

http://bathurstlightcarclub.com.au/wp-content/uploads/Mtn-St-HClimb-Supp-Regs-Entry-30-11-14.pdf

depends how modified it is! I entered the SVD class, SV being pretty much unlimited or highly modified and the D being for over 4L capacity ( once you times your cars liters and multiply by 1.7).

type1 is pretty much standard ( exl. 4wd cars).

type2 is lightly modified, like maybe some wheels/safety gear/exhaust/suspension.

type 3 and 4 i think are log booked competition cars? with type 4 allowing race tyres(slicks im assuming)

type 5 are kit cars, replicas. dont think you can go in this one.

type 6 is time attack type cars, so im thinking pretty much the same as SV class, i dont see the difference as they dont explain it well enough, as i assume type 6 is also unlimited mods.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got this email...

"Good Morning All
It is with regret that I must inform you all that the Mountain Straight Hilllcimb event for the BLCC Speed Weekend has been cancelled due to Bathurst Regional Council untaking track repairs in the area of Mount Panorama that we would have been using for the Mountain Straight Hillclimb. This event has been repaced by a Flying 1/5th event
Those of you that still wish to participate in the Flying 1/5 will need to email your intentions to me so I can update your entry forms. Those who do not wish to participate in the Flying 1/5th will also need to let me know so I can arrange your refunds."
So the sundays event hillclimb is cancelled and the 1/5th flying event is replacing it for those that want to.
Can i ask what the flying 1/5 event is, any videos of that or explenations as ive never heard of it!