SAU Community

top 10 cars we'd like to see in Australia

Top 10 cars we'd like to see in Australia:

Some are real, some are dreams, all should be sold in Oz.

1. BMW M3 CSL

2. Renault Clio RS V6

3. Mercedes-Benz C55 AMG

4. FPV Falcon GTHO (supercharged 5.4)

5. Honda Integra Type-R (the real one)

6. HSV GTS 6.2-litre V8

7. Mazda MX-5 with 2.3-litre from Mazda 6

8. Nissan 350Z twin turbo

9. Lexus IS430

10. Nissan Skyline GT-R

This was taken from www.carpoint.com.au now my query is......

10!!!!! wat the f.u.c.k. are they thinking!!!! What is a Skyline GT-R doing at 10th spot!, behind a bloody HSV, Falcon, Renualt, Mazda, Lexus, (Real Integra would be nice) and Merc!!!

the bimmer can stay, she's fine where she is :D, but 10. gotta be kidding me.

Hey come over to the shakey isles - got a few here!

3. Mercedes-Benz C55 AMG :D

5. Honda Integra Type-R (the real one) <--- see the odd one here or there, the civic type R even less common...dont wan't either of those!

9. Lexus IS430 <--- very nice, I think I used to park next to one (had a car park in a really flash car park building earlier this year) I'm pretty sure it was that model, had bloody huge wheels!

well here is my own list...

1.Nissan Skyline R34 GTR Wagon!

2.Nissan Skyline R34 GTR Protoptype skyline b4 R34 (with oval shape Grill)

3.Tommy Kaira any will do! from his collection

4.R32 GTT ute yellow, look like panel ban

5.Mercedes-benz E180 powered by RB26DETT yeah it does exist :D

6.BMW Z1

7. My car full of topless super models :D

there is one more car which I can not recall the name it's look like BMW from front view...

anyway

cheers

Joe

cheers

Joe

real integra type r is the jap spec one.. not our detuned peice of shit.

also, some of those cars are prototypes anyway, which makes it a stupid list. IS430.. thats just super hotted up car by some german tuning company, the mazda mx5 with the new 6cyl engine.. im pretty sure that doesnt exist in production and the HSV GTS 6.2-litre V8 .. wtf is that? im sure if it existed it would only be in australia and nowhere else.

i guess that explains the "some are dreams" bit.

maybe some of those cars are just something the manufacturers have played around with, or talked about.

nice list ultim8....Z8, the ultimate convertible!! :bond:

didnt see the "dreams" bit. Wondered what the ppl from carpoint were on.

I gotta say, that IS430 would rock. Basically they have dropped the 4.3 V8 in it and I think it has twin superchargers. I think it makes over 600HP..

That would be my dream car. A luxury sleeper with more mambo than most modified gtr's.

Saw a pic of it in a magazine just a few days ago, but cant remember which one.

Guest nismogtsx

I like the idea of the R32 ute.... LOL thats mad.....

What about an RB30/26dett (bottom end/head) powered

RX2/3/4/7 doesent really matter as long as someone puts

a fantastic piston engine into a rotary.....

That would be awsome.... That will piss off all the wank-lllll-ers..

this is all i can find on the IS 430 and none of them say Twin Supercharged

"Lexus is readying an IS430, 4.3L V8 (from the GS/LS 430), 6 speed man, and AWD. It will be availiable in both Sedan and Sportcross variants.

More news will soon be announced."

-

http://www.chicagolexusclub.com/Futurecars.htm

lexusis430compressor03.jpg

IS430.bmp

Doesn't the "V8 Compressor" mean supercharged. Thats how Mercedes signify their supercharged models. But with a K, and that's much cooler. As in "Kompressor".

I agree with the Autech Stagea, and anything by Tommy Kiara. Are TVR's sold in Australia? If not I would like to add all of them to the list.

In regards to the HSV bit well in the UK they get HSV v8 Supercharged as standard!! keep in mind the cost of it

This is taken from EVO mag with the R35GTR concept on the front:

502bhp, V8 5665cc, 16v supercharged. 0 - 100KMH 4.5secs

the question that i have is i thought HSV was aussie yet HSV are selling VERY high spec GTS's to UK why are we getting crap ones? why don't we get em?

Next questions WHY IS IT BEING SOLD FOR 50,000 POUNDS!!! thats right approx $140,000!!! on the next page there is a RUF Porsche Boxter (RUF is like HSV for holden) going for the same price!

It says later in the article for those with a TVR planning a family why not buy one of these this will be the perfect tonic..

HSV as a replacement for a TVR ..... i think not....

What I'd like to have... (not what shuld be allowed into australia)

Maserati 3200GT Convertible (black with cream leather)

BMW Z8

R34 GTR

R32 GTR

Toyota Supra TT (old model)

Toyota Supra TT (new model)

& probably when I have a family of:

1 or 2 kids:

BMW M3 CSL

3 or more kids:

AuTech Stagea with R34 Front conversion.

I'm actually waiting for 2003 when you can bring in the TT Supra 89 model as a 15yo car. Yum yum, same with a R32 GTR, but the 89 GTRs are usually trashed, wheras the 89 toyotas are comparatively well looked after.