SAU Community

Attn: Ebay Gt3037 Users

You can get away with using cheap intercoolers, pipes etc but it all comes down to the fact that when the turbo has the shits and your up for a full rebuild we don't want to have to say we told you so. But it seems from all advice given ur set on a ebay turbo. Go for it let us know what power u make and if it lasts over a week.

• Like 1

*Sigh* Mr hairdryer sell your skyline to someone who will treat it with the right parts it deserves! Dunno what you are hoping to achieve or prove using a fleabay paperweight but you will prove to us what everyone already knows.. Your car will make faaark all power with massive amounts of lag & drive like a shitbox!

Just cause a drift car uses it doesn't mean shit! They dont care about response when they are limiter bashing them everywhere.. For the sake of maybe $200 MAX a hypergear turbo will eat an Ebay shitbox & be reliable and will have warranty and after sales service. If you dont heed this advice you are a f**kwit!

Wow, man asks legit question sau roaches come out of the sewers to have a crack

I've bought 2 china spec turbos and they are ok for the money.

yes mine are more laggy and make less power then an equivalent name brand turbo but I didnt expect much for the price I paid

another legitimate option for that size and airflow would be a reconditioned holset turbo, not china cheap but around 500delivered from usa. There are quite a few success stories about them on ka24s rb20s 25s honda motors etc

but not on sau

yes mine are more laggy and make less power then an equivalent name brand turbo but I didnt expect much for the price I paid

another legitimate option for that size and airflow would be a reconditioned holset turbo, not china cheap but around 500delivered from usa. There are quite a few success stories about them on ka24s rb20s 25s honda motors etc

but not on sau

He has been given legit answers.

By your own admission the Ebay special is worse than a decent turbo. Pretty much what every is telling the OP.

There are few success stories for Holset on SAU because they are a worse option that what he is being suggested.

Can lead a horse to water but holding his head under and making him drink is hard work.

but not on sau

So for an inferior result it is a cheap way to achieve it?

The turbo basically makes the power, why skimp on it?

Just over 1000 for a hypergear or second hand garrett. I know what I would do.

i'm pretty sure there isn't a single turbo manufacturer that doesn't make turbo's in china.....get used to it boys...they're all made there or will be....search around on youtube like i did when looking for a turbo and you'll see all the reason the chinese knockoff turbos aren't good...the hypergear turbo's were the best price/performance option of any i had seen and i settled on a ATR43SS2....i couldn't really afford garrett price $2k+ and i was using a GT3076r as a guide for price $2200 here NZD. i bought my turbo and wastegate for a lot less than that. at a minimum you'll have to re-core your china knock off early and you'd have spent the same already as on a hypergear that you wouldn't have to re-core.

Mate there is nothing legit about this question and you and your septic turbos have proven all of my points having owned 2 of these gastro units! You didnt learn after the 1st turbo & i don't know if you have driven a car with a decent turbo before but if you have you would know they aren't worth their weight in piss! I've driven/owned quite a few big $$$ cars and driven some fleabay racers and i can tell you personally that they SUCK!

quote name="#skyginer" post="7402202" timestamp="1412479068"]Wow, man asks legit question sau roaches come out of the sewers to have a crack

but not on sau

Edited by Mick_o

A friend of mine only believes in cheap ebay turbo's. Last week he ordered his 4th one, cost him around $130-150,-. The 3rd turbo lasted him about a week before it blew the seals. If you add all the cost he payed so far he's probably way above a good reliable turbo. The 2nd turbo got him a 14.50 sec at the strip and around 20~ish psi, totally useless scrap of metal. With the stock toyota turbo he went faster lol.

That's my 2 cents.

Part of me wants it to work m well for you,

Part wants it to fail miserably,

The other part wants you to just buy my 3076r and actually make some power and have it last like it should!

Not true mick o... all 6 and 4 bangers I take it? A 302 with a pair or ebays hairdryers had a shit load of grunt and would fry em at 80 and do high tens. Guess what?! Ebay turbos!

If you don't understand why it worked that way for that engine, then you really don't deserve to be leading this "conversation".

Imagine how much better it would have been with proper turbo(s). All that engine was doing was using capacity to mask poor turbo specification.

/sheesh. Just f**king sheesh.

• Like 2

So?

How about I link you to a whole range of 6 - 6.2 litre Holdens with 2x GT3076 or similar turbo additions and let you compare that EB to them? How do you think a 5L + piss poor turbos will compare to something 20% larger with better turbos?

Your argument is faulty.

Edited by GTSBoy