SAU Community

Preperation Required Rb30 Block For 3.2 Stroker Build

Nismo 3.2ish

mist have been something wrong, I had an os triple, and it was a pleasure to drive with.

try a quad with nothing happening until 5000 + around in bumper traffic, bloody nightmare at first. Once I got a little torque it was much better and I think it would have been easy with the 30/26 build BUT it was suggested to me that a Coppermix twin plate would be easier on the box, so I took the advice :)

Drove in for about 1000Klms while I ran the motor in, then took Sydney again for the final tune = 1st Dyno Graph, drove it home , still a heap of shit for a DD, drove it back to Sydney a few months later for a few changes = 2nd Dyno Graph , much easier to drive but not as a responsive street car = the build , hopefully the end :)

post-52098-0-88548800-1424165470_thumb.png

post-52098-0-54835400-1424166320_thumb.gif

Lol.

Buys car with fresh 2.6, tries a few things and realises it's still a nugget. Cracks the shits and goes all out with the biggest stroker on the market.

This guy is alright!

Can't wait for that first message or phone call when it's all finished!!!!

• Like 1

Hi Paul, I have to get it home first :)

I am sure it will be better than the first trip home, got bucked off about 3 times in the first Klm, felt like a right DH, there was no trying to beat the traffic across the road I can tell you that, haha

Had a twin plate os on the 2.6 with twin gtrs'.

It drove ok in traffic.

Creeping in stop start, bumper to bumper on the motorway.

As I've told everyone, after the 3l, I won't go back.

How is would love to be able to afford the 3.4.

One day.......

One day.

Hi Luke, 3.4, stroker ?, which one would you get?

Glad to hear you think the Twin Plates are good for a DD

If you get a chance drive a 2.6 with a T78-D, set up peaky, with a new OS Quad and 2-way LSD in dumper traffic for an hour or so, it is all very on/off, I had not driven a stick for 8 years when I jumped into this thing to drive it home. Like everything, it gets easier the longer you use it.

Hi Luke, 3.4, stroker ?, which one would you get?

Glad to hear you think the Twin Plates are good for a DD

If you get a chance drive a 2.6 with a T78-D, set up peaky, with a new OS Quad and 2-way LSD in dumper traffic for an hour or so, it is all very on/off, I had not driven a stick for 8 years when I jumped into this thing to drive it home. Like everything, it gets easier the longer you use it.

is that an offer? ;)

As Piggaz has posted, I'd go the spool kit.

The only kit I know of currently for the rb30.

Seems they have had decent success with it.

is that an offer? ;)

As Piggaz has posted, I'd go the spool kit.

The only kit I know of currently for the rb30.

Seems they have had decent success with it.

I would have loved you to drive it, Paul only had to look at the 1st Dyno and said it would be a shit as a DD, too late now , 3.2 yeah :)

When I bought the car, a few young blokes were laughing at me when I told them of my first trip home. They were putting shit on me about my driving skills, so I let them take it for a spin, the only thing spinning were their heads as it chirped ,bucked and stalled down the street, sooooooo funny after all of their big talk, then I drove it away. Non of them had driven a quad clutch before, guess you had to be there :)

The Spools seems to be the way to go,all the best once you get the $$$$$s together for the 3.4, that should be interesting :woot:

No, they are however the only 3.4 RB kit

Yes

Yes

You got IMO the best off the shelf RB30 stroker, Nitto 3.2 FTW

Edit: refresh before posting :D

There seemed to be a few concerns about the 3.4 longevity and functionality from a few things I read, 9 months ago so I cannot remember the exact reason/s but enough for me to go with the Nitto 3.2 if I was going to stroke it.( the Motor)

I did read a lot of Forums and reviews and listened to you blokes on SAU that were like minded before I made the final decision and can only hope I did the right thing, guess I will find out soon :/

How funny would it be if I hate it , I would not tell anyone and just drive the Tiida, haha

Have to ask, you blokes know that I am not going all out on this build, it is a very simple RB30/26 build, no big turbo/s, big cams and all the other mods needed for big power.

Just a PT6262 CEA, 260 10.8 cams , one 460LPH Walbro pump, not sure what the injectors are on it, maybe 700cc, oil and water OK.

CRD building and tuned for response.

Have an educated guess, what do you think the final AWKW will be on 98 pump.

Just interested if you blokes can get close, when I spoke to Jim he said around 400awkw ish, I have mentioned this before and been howled down for such a small estimation but that is what we spoke about, but with very good response.

Just have a guess, don't need any shit dumped on me, well, not too much :)

just buy a nissan leaf for a DD...

going to be dead a long time, I will go with the R :)

Had to edit, maybe it would be a good idea to go with the leaf, life would seem twice as long driving that :/

If I like a car I never get sick of driving it :no:

Edited by Nismo 3.2ish