SAU Community

Sau Nsw Official End Of Year Putty Road Cruise

Redline_GTR

There's a Kids Play Area - so a 6yr old is totally acceptable.

Bistro is open for lunch between 12-2pm

So I'm wondering if the halfway meetup at the ol' truck stop should be a bit earlier?

Either that or we don't spend too much time there at all.

There's a Kids Play Area - so a 6yr old is totally acceptable.

Bistro is open for lunch between 12-2pm

So I'm wondering if the halfway meetup at the ol' truck stop should be a bit earlier?

We should get to Singleton around that time frame no worries.

The time for the Truckstop is for a half way meet point and also a break along the way.

Count me in guys. I live in Singleton and the Royal is definitely child friendly the back beer garden is fairly big and nowhere near an open bar or poker machines. They used to even have a kids room with playstations etc setup for them.

The imperial hotel is another good spot with a lot of room and also kid friendly

Thanks Josh, I have been wondering if there was going to be any Newcastle people showing up.

We will be stopping at the Half Way Truck Stop and I think that will be a good meet point for the Newcastle guys plus still get some fun parts of Putty Road heading over to Singleton :)

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Most likely it's tuning related. That plenum is fine, moving to a Plazmaman you won't notice much of a difference. If you want supreme low down, better off with the stock intake manifold & plenum OR the Rajab top half. A Precision or Turbosmart 6262 is too big for what you want, and big boost with Tomei Valve springs also a fail. You can make 373kW on a stock motor with just head studs, sensible timing in the mid range and it will last for your intended purposes (won't last on the track for too long).
    • Stick the caliper in your vice with soft jaws, that way you can turn it upside down simply. I think the factory lines are 10x1mm but I'd just take the whole thing down to your local Pirtek/MSCN and get them to sort it out.
    • Hi Andy and welcome!  Got any pics of the customers cars you're talking about? 
    • Thanks for that Komdotkom Does anyone by chance know what the thread is on the end of the hard line of the GTST front brake system before it goes to the braided line - will need to get a fitting to put in there as you say. Could you do this with the caliper on the car? Just get the pistons all the way back with a spacer or even some clamps? Im running a 36mm disc and 18mm pads - the pistons are almost as far back as they can get but i think with some old pads and a wedge I can make sure. Just easier if the caliper is mounted to something.
    • The most important thing to do is to ensure that the pistons are fully back in the bores so that you can't get air bubbles forming behind them. If you've got AKB springs then you'll need to make some timber wedges to hold them back which is pretty simple - but you'll need wedges for bleeding anyway to stop the pistons moving up the bore. I'm a big fan of bleeding calipers from the 'bottom' because bubbles like to go 'up'. Since you're going to have the calipers off the car and mounted to some sort of fixture (unless you've got 5 sets of hands) I'd suggest that you bleed it by introducing fluid from both directions and with the caliper in both orientations. Get a barb for the end of your braided line and go to the chemist and get a 100ml syringe to force the fluid through with. You can use any old shit fluid for this (*new) because you'll displace it once you bleed the system properly later on with SRF or similar. Probably worth cracking the transfer pipe too just to be sure. Once you've got brake fluid everywhere and no more bubbles stick the caliper back on the car and bleed the fluid up from the caliper to the MC.