SAU Community

Open Source Rb Trigger Kit

murrayis

Certainly does especially when you have to pay for a wedding in a few months.

I'm going to try make a few of the samples myself so the people who have contacted me can do some testing without more delays.

• 2 weeks later...

A Smallish update.

I've finally been able to speak to the original factory last week briefly and they have advised the parts are now *ready* to ship and provided a tracking number however This is coming into the 3rd week as to when they have said they shipped the items and the number nor delivery does not exist in the DHL System.

I've moved on from this factory and accepted the money is lost and if they ever arrive that this is a bonus. I've now been talking to another factory that came recommended highly and we are finalizing the sample order and pricing which I hope to have booked in today as they are back in full swing from their recent holiday period.

Stay Tuned.

Really liking these brackets, well done!

I hope it all works out for you, and the factory comes to the party.

I have also heard that on really high horsepower motors, you can get cambelt stretch(from the head lifting?)

This really is the best solution for rock solid timing.

Its not an RB26, but ive been running this kind of setup for a while now(RB30)

And apart from some early setup problems(mostly the 2.0mm clearance issues)

Its works a treat with a Motec m48, as we all know how crap the standard dizzy is(the gear gets backlash)

I saw evidence of timing wander on the dyno, the tuner thought it was quite comical +/-6deg

Im just running a steel bolt in one of the adj camwheel holes.

Motec 6 point trigger disk which is mounted on a machined hub and bolts through the balancer.

Both GT101's are mounted on 6mm alloy bar brackets.

300+rwkw and gets flogged regularly(RPM limit@7000)

Once again, best of luck.

Robert

post-24950-0-47969000-1425351062_thumb.jpg

Well. if you wish to do small quantity manufacturing we are capable of making them. Pricing won't be as cheap as your overseas quotes. But you will get quality parts made in Australia with quality materials, while if required we can also communicate and discuss on certain parts as manufacturing goes along. It will be ready with a much shorter time frame too.

I was hoping for a local company to reply at some stage. I would be curious to see your price and the options we have for the community?

PM me when you have a chance and I'll send through what I have.

Pro GTR Motorsport kit. Top quality

Thank you for your comment however the purpose of this thread is to provide a transparent and cheaper alternative that will work on any RB platform that people can access and modify the design openly produce anywhere in the world.

Ok guys I've had alot of PM's from people interested in buying a set once they go full swing so I've decided to compile a public list.

If you are interested in the second full batch post your interest and I'll add you to the list.

Currently the first batch has been delayed as the factory producing the first/sample batch has had no power since Sunday so they have not been able to ship my items but I was promised last night when I finally got them on the phone that they would ship today....

Cheers

Cameron

Could u please add me to the list Cameron?

Really liking these brackets, well done!

I hope it all works out for you, and the factory comes to the party.

I have also heard that on really high horsepower motors, you can get cambelt stretch(from the head lifting?)

This really is the best solution for rock solid timing.

Its not an RB26, but ive been running this kind of setup for a while now(RB30)

And apart from some early setup problems(mostly the 2.0mm clearance issues)

Its works a treat with a Motec m48, as we all know how crap the standard dizzy is(the gear gets backlash)

I saw evidence of timing wander on the dyno, the tuner thought it was quite comical +/-6deg

Im just running a steel bolt in one of the adj camwheel holes.

Motec 6 point trigger disk which is mounted on a machined hub and bolts through the balancer.

Both GT101's are mounted on 6mm alloy bar brackets.

300+rwkw and gets flogged regularly(RPM limit@7000)

Once again, best of luck.

Robert

Yes im worried about the clearance issues also its like 1mm from wheel to belt. Oh well start her up and see how she goes

Ok first up awesome work Cameron, now sorry to jump in on your thread with a problem but i have a red top RB20 that has a dead CAS and ive bought 2 second hand ones neither of

them worked and nissan dont sell new ones anymore.

So my question is can i buy one of the above mentioned sensors and make a bracket setup some sort of trigger on the cam gear like the ones above and then take it to someone with

a dyno to get it tuned? or is it not quite that simple? ive got a haltech ecu and have access to maching equipment.

Or if you if you do continue with the cam gear sensor cameron i will happily buy one off you as i really couldn't be bothered pulling off the balancer, i just need to get the car going.

Thanks in advance

Darren

Hi Darren,

If you have access to machining hardware then follow this link to all the models and cad files I have been working with etc.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1pbvmqtxdyi72bi/AAAsvJpTGxfk-ACbAAJOb5JUa?dl=0

In the above link you will find many version of things in various formats that you are welcome to adjust and make your own - The point of this project is access to something many people cannot afford or not know where to start.

The Crank mount has been designed around the GTR balancer so some changes will need to be made to clearance the back of the balancer.

Since you have a Haltech already some wiring changes is all that is required and the trigger setup changed in the ECU. Generally no changes to the tune is required but always best to do a few runs and double check :)

Have Fun!

In other news the new factory have confirmed the designs sent them to the planning team to be processed into their shedule. The factory I have chosen for round 2 is DaLin Hongshend Machine Co, Ltd http://www.dlhshjx.cn/ - I have alot more faith now in this company as they have called me multiple times to give me updates on how the order is progressing this week. They've said for samples the lead time is normally 20 - 25 days so the wait is on again.

Cheers

Cameron

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

News from the factory - Samples are under way and should be completed this week.

News from the old factory - They are now telling me they shipped a month ago however HK DHL never shipped and are trying to locate the first sample batch.