SAU Community

Power Fc - R32 Gtr

Hey guys.... ive done some searching but unable to find an answer..hoping someone will know

Im running a r32 with an exhaust and airfilters.. pretty much stock...

I have remove the boost resrictor and running 14 psi perfectly for the last 4 months

I install a power fc (afm model) yesterday and the car wont boost past 5psi... any ideas?

Thanks

Justin

What he said ^.

I would say, given the unknown origin of this PowerFC, we will assume for the moment that it is 2nd hand and has a tune in it for some other car. It could be set up for massively different sized injectors to what you have (ie they'd likely be larger than yours) and so your mixtures and quite possibly your ignition timing would be waaaaaaay wrong. If you starve an engine of fuel that badly, be thankful that you only managed to get it to 5 psi and didn't burn through something.

• Like 1

R32 GTR runs 10psi actuators standard, which means the MIN boost to open the gates is 10psi.

Doesn't matter what setting a boost controller has, so unless the gates are powered by an external air supply the min they'll open at is 10psi.

I'd be looking at tune, do a data re-init and start again.

I'd check the opening pressure of your actuators too, might have some dodgy actuators fitted.

Boost on.

Don't worry about the fact it could have a totally gumby tune in it. what's a dyno run vs engine rebuild cost analysis?

Did you ever think it could possibly be a brand new untuned PowerFC that only has the base map on it?

A base map is so you can drive it onto a dyno and tune it properly

It is also possible to reset a second hand PFC back to a clean base map

Yes - DATA INIT on ETC menu

btw, if everything else on your car is stock(ish) you can drive with that PowerFC base map as long as you like, it wont hurt anything as its set up for stock injector sizes and stock timing.

Did you ever think it could possibly be a brand new untuned PowerFC that only has the base map on it?

Are you suggesting a brand new power fc has t he boost cut set to 5 psi?

No mate, but out of the box its looking for the Apexi boost control Kit which isnt installed.

Justin turned off the option and his car is now going ok :)

Similar thing happened when I put a PowerFC on my RB25