SAU Community

What Fmic For R32 Gts-t?

I have a stock GTR lip on GTR bar on (just) minimum legal height R32. I creep it through spoon drains, driveways etc and the entire underside is still scratched from those times when the creeping wasn't enough or brain fade leads to forgetting to do it diagonally, etc. The paint on the front surface ends up cracking because of the flex when the lip makes contact with something. Buggered if I want my intercooler piping to be taking that force.

I have a stock GTR lip on GTR bar on (just) minimum legal height R32. I creep it through spoon drains, driveways etc and the entire underside is still scratched from those times when the creeping wasn't enough or brain fade leads to forgetting to do it diagonally, etc. The paint on the front surface ends up cracking because of the flex when the lip makes contact with something. Buggered if I want my intercooler piping to be taking that force.

My bonnet latch support is bent like a banana because of that.

Cooler mounted off the brace, which when the return piping touched the ground, has f**ked everything

I Kept mine stock looking too, did similar to what GTSBoy's saying, ran the return pipe behind the cooler.

If your handy with a welder that would be easiest/cheapest option, just get a generic core, make pipes to run from where they come out of engine bay to cooler.

The bottom return flow type would have been too low for my car, but if your at legal height (guess so, cause you're keeping the rest stock looking ;) it might be the easiest option, should come it kit form from just jap or the like.

Actually, if your after less than 220rwkw, just get a r34 sidemount. easier again.

Wow, prob confused you more, lol.

i do think the r32's front sits lower...but its not as much of an issue with a 'normal' lowered height r33 i suppose...the wifes r32 GTR is worse on driveways than my car and suspension height is actually lower than hers.

This has given me some good food for thought. I like having my ride at a good height so I don't have to worry about hitting concrete stops in parking lots etc.

Might have to chat with an engineer and see if I should cut a hole under the battery and get it reinforced for a normal intercooler or get some custom pipes fabricated to run the return flow behind the intercooler.

Probably going to have to get it re engineered since moving from WA to QLD anyway so might be worth looking into and getting it all done at once.

No need to cut holes for cross flow intercooler piping, either run it up beside the radiator shroud or back around behind the cooler for that stock bay look. Either can support 400kw with a 3 inch core and 2.5 inch piping, just make sure the Ubend is smooth by using a tight donut bend.

• 7 months later...

Just as an update to the thread I ended up going with a blitz return flow for now.

Also put new shocks and king spring lows on the old girl.

Engine bay still looks stock, return flow pipe sits damn near in line with the front bar and so far so good height wise.

Here's a couple of pics I could find.

Car was filthy from sitting at work and had a flat front left tyre in the finished shot, but you get the idea. :)

No cutting of the REO was necessary either, just a trim of the front bar and relocating the horns slightly.

I might have to hit you up soon Scotty if you're still in business for some 1000cc injectors and an induction pipe (Mines sucking shut) before I get her tuned.

Already got the nistune board installed, just gotta find a good tuner in qld. :)

post-43868-0-90909000-1442318469_thumb.jpg

post-43868-0-60385400-1442318485_thumb.jpg

Edited by self_slaughter