SAU Community

R34 Gtr Garrett -5 Turbo Lag, Need Advise

baicai

Air box wont help with response it just reduces the amount of hot air getting sucked in while car is moving

Exhaust and cam timing is going to have the biggest gains in response on your car without major changes like stroker

• Like 1

Air box wont help with response it just reduces the amount of hot air getting sucked in while car is moving

Exhaust and cam timing is going to have the biggest gains in response on your car without major changes like stroker

Yeah just waiting to get some more parts before a touch up tune.

still unsure which cams to get, 250', 260', or 270'? Saw mine's car have 260' inlet and 252' on exhaust, thinking of getting them?

Mines cars has short diff ratio's which gives the illusion of "response".

For some reason i cant msg you. Happen to have a diy for inatalling -5s read somewhere slight modification is needed.

I wouldnt call that an illusion haha. It comes out to real world speed. Just like 4.11 ratios with the Getrag box :)

I wouldnt call that an illusion haha. It comes out to real world speed. Just like 4.11 ratios with the Getrag box :)

it is an illusion because response doesn't increase, the engine just revs through the boost threshold a lot faster, the engine still makes boost at exactly the same rpm