SAU Community

1990 Nismo Gtr Or 1991 Australian Delivered 1991 Gtr

I think that for that you will find that Nismos will rise in price sharply. Even more than they have already. With them now being legal in the US, the price of limited edition classic cars going crazy all over the planet and the way that the Japanese are increasingly putting a value on these cars, I expect for them to go up dramatically in the next 12-24 months.

I looked at it like this. Since I was dead set on getting a nismo car myself and actually passed on one. If I get a nismo car, I would want to keep it stock and original. Not saying that these cars can't be fun original. But I'm looking to make a fun car with more power, suspension etc. As much as I like nismo, I just couldn't bring myself to buy one then alter it. So I just got a normal GTR, put as many nismo goods on it, and kind of make your own nismo gtr. Now being that I am american, just having a GTR in general is pretty special and "collectible". That is just how I looked at it. Plus I was like no a/c......I don't want to be picking up chic's in the dead heat of summer with no A/C lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I looked at it like this. Since I was dead set on getting a nismo car myself and actually passed on one. If I get a nismo car, I would want to keep it stock and original. Not saying that these cars can't be fun original. But I'm looking to make a fun car with more power, suspension etc. As much as I like nismo, I just couldn't bring myself to buy one then alter it. So I just got a normal GTR, put as many nismo goods on it, and kind of make your own nismo gtr. Now being that I am american, just having a GTR in general is pretty special and "collectible". That is just how I looked at it. Plus I was like no a/c......I don't want to be picking up chic's in the dead heat of summer with no A/C lol.

I thought the nismo had ac and it was only the n1 that didn't?

AFAIK it was only the N1s that didn't come with AC period. I've heard varying sources tell me AC was either still standard or at least an option on the Nismos. I can say for sure it was available from the factory though because I have an authentic Nismo in my garage now and it has working factory AC (well, the AC is working but I can't switch it to heat currently because the blend servo's out - no biggie here in the deserts of Arizona lol).

I didn't realize the value of Nismo's were that high before reading this thread. Makes me feel even better about the deal I got on this one. She's a solid runner but needs some aesthetic TLC however for me that's a bit of a plus because now I can tastefully modify her without worrying about "ruining" an unmolested Nismo like purists might take issue with :)

Pics would be nice...........

I'm 99.9% sure air conditioning was an option on Nismos.

Just remember, these were homologated specials meaning if they had air std then they would have had to run with air in the race cars.

The whole idea of these cars was to make them as light as possible for the same reason.

Bob.

Pics would be nice...........

I'm 99.9% sure air conditioning was an option on Nismos.

Just remember, these were homologated specials meaning if they had air std then they would have had to run with air in the race cars.

The whole idea of these cars was to make them as light as possible for the same reason.

Bob.

I don't know myself if it was optional or standard for all Nismos, I was just confirming that it was available from the factory in response to one of the above posts where JTCC thought it wasn't at all offered. I know of a second Nismo here in Arizona also with AC so mine's not an oddity. The sources I've looked at all agree on the body kit, ABS delete, GMG paint, and rear wiper delete as common to all Nismos but they conflict on the AC bit.

I'd post pics but can't do it from this PC. I'll try to when I'm on my own :)

Been looking at these cars for too long to remember, both N1s and Nismos, most have had AC fitted at a later date, I can only think of a handful without ac and the correct slider type climate control panel. You can tell the ac is added by the colour of the liquid line that runs over the bonnet latch panel, black line is early and probably fitted when new at the factory for a Nismo, and natural aluminium is the later type system that they possibly cost cut to save on a bit of black paint!

The Nismos will appreciate substantially, they were the car with the parts homologated so the race Group A cars could run some of the trick body and engine bits. The parts on these cars would have been very beneficial to the race cars success. The N1 was built as a race car so same same but different I guess. The Nismo had to be sold to the public as group A rules at the time dictated same as a Group A Commodore, Sierra RS500 Cosworth etc, so there 'should' be more survivors, but really they are as rare as each other as age, hard roadside objects and low class driving dictate. Hold on to your GTR special!

Edited by blur

I don't have great pics of my Nismo yet since I just got her recently but as requested, here's a couple:

DSC06400sml_zpscb7sbfco.jpg

DSC06398sml_zpss2l7mxun.jpg

She needs some work to return her to her former glory but that's all in the works and I'll have better pics as I go through that process.

• Like 2

Are those wheels Regamasters?

Yup. Not a fan of them myself to be honest so this weekend I'm swapping them out for a set of TE37SLs in Double Pressed Black. The tires on the car were rotted so I'm glad I had a fresh set waiting to be put on. I know TE37s aren't very original but they seem classic for this car and fitting for a Nismo.

Are those wheels Regamasters?

Yup. Not a fan of them myself to be honest so this weekend I'm swapping them out for a set of TE37SLs in Double Pressed Black. The tires on the car were rotted so I'm glad I had a fresh set waiting to be put on. I know TE37s aren't very original but they seem classic for this car and fitting for a Nismo.

Nice choice of wheel but the Regamasters are still pretty sweet also :)

Or go Nismo LMGT 4's.

Nice choice of wheel but the Regamasters are still pretty sweet also :)

Or go Nismo LMGT 4's.

I hear the Regamasters are good quality so I'm not knocking them but I just didn't care for how plain they looked on this car - the dark grey color they were in just seemed kind of dull with the grey color of the rest of the car. I thought about LMGT 4s but I ended up really liking the look of these TE37SLs with the double pressed black color.

Swapped them out this weekend and now the car looks like the pics below. First thought I had was that she's starting to look like a proper Skyline (after I also did a wash and defunked the interior a bit lol). Apologies for the crappy pics but it was starting to get dark by the time I finished up.

DSC06625_zps6e7r1cec.jpg

DSC06623_zpslaxtbmyi.jpg

• Like 1

Car looks great with the new wheels and sits nice as well.

Well done mate :)

Thanks! I can't take credit for the stance since the previous owner had fitted aftermarket suspension already and picked some nice bits - Cusco and Bilstein stuff. Some of the stuff he did to the car might be questionable but not in the suspension department lol.

• 2 weeks later...

50g that is interesting. I have seen a few for sale in USD around 25k +/- landed. Seems to be the average that I have seen. Some are super clean to.

Edited by JTCC